12 Online Horoscopes Written by Real, Legitimate Astrologers
If You Want Real Astrology as Your Companion and Guide
Not all free online daily horoscopes are written by actual astrologers. But there are indeed real and serious horoscopes you can read for free online.
Fake horoscopes are written and recycled by computers or in "horoscope factories" that give hired writers (college students) two or three hints and then tell them to make up the rest. If you want better, see the list of real daily-horoscope astrologers below.
Every human astrologer has a different style and approach to chart interpretation and forecasting. Listed below are genuine and hard-working astrologers. I've talked with or emailed some of them. They might have help charting and organizing 12 horoscopes a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, but real astrologers will openly admit when they have a co-writer and will proudly acknowledge the co-writer's participation.
In alphabetical order, here's a starter list of online legitimate astrologers known to me to be real people writing original daily and/or weekly/monthly forecasts, whose forecasts are free and written in English. The links are to their columns, not necessarily their homepages.
- Jacqueline Bigar (USA)
- Yasmin Boland (AU)
- Sally Brompton (UK)
- Maria DeSimone (USA)
- Daniel "Whelland" Dowd (USA)
- Eugenia Last (CA)
- Rick Levine & co-writer Jeff Jawer (USA)
- Annie Heese (USA)
- Susan Miller (USA) (her superb monthly horoscope is open access; register and pay to get daily horoscopes via email or text)
- Georgia Nicols (CA)
- Marjorie Orr (UK)
- Rob Tillett (AU)
This is a starter list. Surely I have missed or not monitored other real astrologers (I monitor for months and sometimes contact the astrologer before publishing my detailed horoscope reviews). For those a little more advanced in astrology I especially like--for its intelligent horoscopes of all types--Cafe Astrology, whose astrologer is Annie Heese. Other astrologers might be new online, or forecast in languages besides English, or require readers to subscribe and pay to read their horoscopes. I know of one premium daily horoscope site that professional astrologers consider worth its price: AstroDienst. Guest access is free!
Hard to believe, but daily-horoscope writing, online or in print, pays so little that most real astrologers also sell to individuals natal horoscopes, birthday horoscopes (called "solar return charts"), compatibility horoscopes (called "composite charts" or "synastry"), answers to questions ("horary astrology"), telephone consultations, books or e-books, apps, or membership allowing entry to privileged areas of their sites. I can't guarantee that all those items will be custom-written or good. But selling them is legitimate. Astrologers selling "clairvoyant" or "psychic" services are not legitimate. Genuine astrology is learned. It is never "clairvoyant," "psychic," "supernatural," "intuitive" or "inborn." Real astrologers never call their work "spooky" or "scary." Astrologers want to help people, not scare them.
Clues that a Horoscope Is Fake or Its Astrologer is Real But Corrupt
- Author claims to be "psychic," medium, shaman, priest, clairvoyant, spell-caster, or prophet
- An oversized professional color glamour photo of him or her on the site, looking hot or mysterious
- A "free trial offer" reading said to be personalized for you
- If you can Google your day's Sun-sign horoscope and find it word for word listed under another Sun sign on another date, that's "recycling" and a computer does it
- Gives stupid advice like "Build a fort out of couch cushions and hide behind them all day and don't come out for anyone" (honestly, that's word-for-word!)
- Calls you by the wrong Sun-sign nickname: For example, you are Sagittarius and your zodiac nickname is "The Archer," but the horoscope calls you "The Ram" or "The Crab," or "The Water Bearer"; someone's not minding the store
- Googling the astrologer reveals bitter consumer complaints of actual money ripoffs. (Once in a while, Googling reveals personal attacks from one astrologer on another. Ignore these.)
Sylvia Sky, experienced astrologer, monitors online horoscope and psychic sites for quality and integrity. Sylvia does not necessarily endorse the ads appearing on her pages. Copyright 2016 by Sylvia Sky.
More by this Author
The dark side of Aries: Motor-mouthed, boring, arrogant, scoring, and able to sell ice to Eskimos. And that's just the men. Seventh in Sylvia Sky's series of Zodiac "dark side" personality profiles.
Meet the bunny-boilers of the zodiac. Scorpio has a reputation for being intense, deep, sexy, and secretive. Date a Scorpion, be her boy toy, but don't break up with one.
Do you love a Pisces? They are sweet and smart and saintly, and have no dark side. So they say. Watch for the greedy gleam in their eyes. By Sylvia Sky of Horoscope Review.