Online Numerology Readings: Why You Should Never Pay
21st-Century "Numerology Lite"
Numerology is everywhere online! Numerologists are replacing psychics as the most popular online fortunetellers. Diana-Numerologist and NumerologySecret.com are only two of the newer online numerology vendors, and discredited "psychic" vendors such as "Norah" at PremiumAstrology.com, and Gabriella-Psychic are recasting themselves as numerologists.
What is numerology, and how does it work? Numerology is belief in the symbolism of numbers. Modern numerology works with 11 numbers: 1 through 9, 11, and 22. By assigning a number to each letter of your name, your birth name can be added up and then reduced to one number that reflects your personality traits. Your birth date can also be summed and reduced to one number. That is your "Life Path" or "Destiny" number and it has a standardized meaning you share with everyone who has the same number. In this simplified system, your numbers never change.
Modern numerology doesn't claim to know the future. It addresses the questions "Who am I?" and "What is my destiny?" Like Sun-Sign astrology, online numerology can be fun to play with. But don't take it seriously. And there is so much free numerology on the Net that you shouldn't ever be tempted to pay for an online reading.
For centuries, religious people and mystics have studied numbers, usually seeking patterns in Creation or patterns in events, as with the Chinese I Ching or Jewish Kabbalah. But ancient numerology was nothing like our modern online numerology.
- The word "numerology" first appears in 1907.
- The numerology we use today to read personalities and life paths is based on a cluster of books popular in the 1960s and '70s, among them Numerology: The Romance of Your Name (1965) by Juno Jordan, and Helping Yourself with Numerology (1972) by Helyn Hitchcock. Our culture's version of numerology is really "numerology lite."
Why You Should Never Pay for Online Numerology
- You can calculate your own numbers using a simple chart, or go online and have your number calculated and interpreted instantly by computer, for free. Because it's all computerized "numerology lite," the free is as good as what you pay for.
- The modern form of numerology is too new to provide you with specific details or ancient wisdom.
- Although based on your personal information, instant interpretations are done by computer, and they are simplified and standardized. If your Destiny Number is 9, your reading is the same as every other 9's. If the reading says you are special and rare, suspect a scam.
- Don't pay any numerologists who advertise or contact you out of the blue, like Diana Numerologist. They are computerized businesses hunting for suckers. For example, although they claim to be separate vendors employing different Master Numerologists, HoroscopeAuthority.com's numerology report is identical to the one from LifeAnswers.com. No real numerologists are involved. Both sites are "bots" recycling material that's been on the Internet since at least 2007, and they aren't the only ones. The source of this material is unknown.
- Numerologysecret.com wanted $67 for a "full set" of readings delivered instantly that would "change my life" and find me a perfect partner. Only a fool would take a computer's advice about life.
- Numerology done by a person is an art. Instant numerology done by computer is always a game. Play but never pay.
Sylvia Sky, experienced astrologer, monitors online psychic and horoscope sites for quality and accuracy. Sylvia does not select or endorse the ads appearing on her pages. Copyright 2013 by Sylvia Sky.
More by this Author
Do you love a Pisces? They are sweet and smart and saintly, and have no dark side. So they say. Watch for the greedy gleam in their eyes. By Sylvia Sky of Horoscope Review.
California Psychics should be called California Tarot Readers, said astrologer Sylvia Sky, who phoned and got a reading.
Meet the bunny-boilers of the zodiac. Scorpio has a reputation for being intense, deep, sexy, and secretive. Date a Scorpion, be her boy toy, but don't break up with one.