PENDULUMS - How To Make, Choose, Cleanse, Program and USE a Pendulum
Using a Pendulum to ask questions of your subconscious mind and spirit ...
Pendulums work by connecting with electrical impulses created by our subconscious minds. These influences cause the Pendulum to move and we can then read these movements to gain insight into the deepest parts of ourselves.
A pendulum can be made of crystal, brass, glass, wood ... in fact any object (preferably with a point) that is able to be suspended will suffice.
If using a crystal pendulum, the shape and qualities resonate and bring in the energies of the Earth, and when combined with our own intuition and connection with Spirit, we are able to receive messages from our inner source.
With a little practice you will find your Pendulum to be a constant source of connection to your inner-most-self.
SELECTING OR MAKING A PENDULUM
When selecting a pendulum follow your intuition and choose one that you like.
You can make a pendulum yourself if you take a thread and hang a weigh on it which can be any object you like. The thread can be 15 to 20 cm long. Tie a knot in the thread at the length where the swing of the pendulum feels the best.
Pendulums can be teardrop, ball-shaped, conical, spiral, made from brass, copper, crystal, wood, ceramic or just about anything else.
I’ve personally had many different beautiful pendulums over the years, but it is a small brass one that I always revert to as it has proven to be extremely accurate time and time again.
TYPES OF PENDULUMS
There are many different types of pendulums and they can be used for: healing specific illnesses, for adjusting chakras, to glean insight and answers to our deepest questions, to locate underground water, buried metals, send vibrational healing to humans, animals and the Earth itself and to clear negative energy fields and ley lines in our homes and environment.
CLEANSING A CRYSTAL PENDULUM
Before using your Pendulum for the first time it is important to cleanse it. It is advisable to cleanse your pendulum between use when working with clients or others as well.
Cleansing is a simple procedure than can take just a few moments.
- Briefly hold the crystal under a natural flowing stream.
- Rub it with a soft cloth to which one drop of Eucalyptus Essential Oil has been added.
- Place it on piece of natural Amethyst cluster.
- Place in on the Earth, either in your garden or in a pot plant.
- Leave it on a windowsill for 24 hours, to enable the crystal to draw in the Energies of the Sun and the Moon ~ Day and Night.
PROGRAMING and TESTING YOUR PENDULUM
Your Pendulum is a very personal item and should be seen as a sacred tool. It is often best to use the same pendulum for all your work, although in times of need any item can be programmed and used.
You can ask about anything you like with the pendulum if the question can be answered with a YES or NO. But first you have to determine what each pendulum movement means for you.
· Take a seated position at a desk or table.
· Place your feet flat on the floor resting your elbow on the desk.
· Hold the pendulum by the end of chain between your thumb and index finger.
· Make sure that your upper body and back are straight, that the energy can flow freely.
· Put your other hand flat on the table.
· Let your breath flow calmly.
· Make sure before you start that you will be not be distracted.
(*Do not use the pendulum when you are tired.)
* Ask your pendulum the questions, “What does a YES look like?” and “What does a NO look like?”
The pendulum can move up-down, left-right or in a circle.
Practice this several times a day for at least a week. Once you have determined your YES and NO answers do not deviate from it. You can test it – but don’t change it.
When I ‘test’ my pendulum I ask a question that I already know the answer to, such as “am I a woman in this lifetime?” (Yes) then “am I a man in this lifetime?” (No). I repeat this process with similar questions until I am 100% sure that my pendulum is answering accurately.
As time goes by and you become more and more familiar with your pendulum and it becomes more in-tune with your personal energies and vibrations, you will find that your pendulum will ‘pass the test’ quickly and easily.
When you have determined a clear YES and NO, ask your pendulum how it swings for “I do not want to answer” or “I cannot answer that.”
You will become very proficient in quick time once you have a connection with your pendulum and know how it answers, its messages and symbols.
A correct answer will follow only when the question is asked in the right way.
OTHER WAYS TO USE A PENDULUM
You can place your pendulum directly over an object, question it and test it. You may wish to test your water, medications, groceries, gemstones, flower remedies, to determine what therapies are good for you or even deciding on holiday destinations. You can test the energy of your home, evaluate your sleeping space, check for electromagnetic distress ... the list goes on. Experiment and see for yourself.
In order to work easier with the pendulum, you can work with charts, like the Meditation Techniques, Colour, Past and Future Life, Homeopathy, Aromatherapy Oils, Tea or Chakra chart, just to mention a few. These are able to be purchased, but can also be made to suit your personal requirements.
SIMPLE PENDULUM TIPS
- When first learning to use your Pendulum, ask simple questions or queries.
- Ask questions that only require a YES or NO answer.
- Keep your questions as specific as possible.
- Try to keep your mind clear and your emotions neutral so that your answers are accurate and unbiased.
- When asking for numbers or dates, be sure to specify what the answer shall represent ~ eg. days, weeks, months etc.
- As your ability improves and through skilful questioning, you will gain the answers to more complex questions and problems.
- Cleanse your Pendulum whenever you feel the need to,
particularly if it has been touched or used by other people.
- Be creative ~ make different movements for different signals and answers. (Remember though to re-program your Pendulum each time you create a new movement)
USING CHARTS WITH YOUIR PENDULUM
- Make a chart in a semi-circular shape.
- Divide the semi-circle into segments.
- Label each segment with different choices such as career paths, relationships etc.
- Allow the Pendulum to swing over the chart, guiding you to the solution or answer that is most suited to you.
- You can make charts representing which crystals to work with, which flower essences you may be needing, the areas of your body that are causing dis-ease or need healing.
- Put people’s names in a chart so that you can be guided to the best person to do activities with or who you resonate the best with for whatever desired reason.
In time, you will find your Pendulum to be a trustworthy and reliable source of Inner Wisdom and Sacred Knowledge.
DEJA VU - What Is It?
- DEJA VU - What Is It?
Deja vu is an experience most of us have from time to time. If we think of deja vu as nothing more than a pleasant momentary diversion, it doesn't seem all that mysterious or magical - but if we...
- DOWSING - What Is It and How Does It Work?
The art of Dowsing is ancient with Hieroglyphics being found in pyramids of figures using dowsing rods. During the Middle Ages in countries such as England, France and Germany, dowsing was a widely used...
- DIVINATION METHODS - I Ching, Runes, Tarot, Numerology
Life is the same in many ways today as it was for the people who lived thousands of years ago. Just as the ancient folk of the Norse used the Runes for guidance, the Eastern hemisphere has used the I Ching,...
- PSYCHIC ABILITIES - What Abilities Do You Have?
Everyone is inherently psychic - and this is most evident in small children who talk about seeing invisible friends and angels, and who know and speak of things they couldn't possibly know for...
- GODDESS CIRCLE RITUAL
You'll need: Some flowers and/or petals freshly picked (doesn't matter what flowers you use) Some rock salt (enough to sprinkle a circle around the Goddess) 4 Crystals - tigers eye, rose quartz,...
More by this Author
Colours provide us with valuable insights into our life’s experiences. A knowledge of the significance of the colours in our dreams is a wonderful tool for understanding the messages and meaning our dreams. ...
In Ancient Greek and Roman augury, the study of the movements of wild birds was taken very seriously as a method of predicting future events and the best courses of action to take. In fact, Crow divination is still...
Learn about the meaning of numbers in dreams and how to interpret them.