Praise report results of a prayer and fasting consecration
I experienced God in new and amazing ways during a 21-day consecration with my church. The consecration included one meal per day and prayer services on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. from Monday, Jan. 7 – Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013. The focus was to draw closer to God and not ask for anything, but seek Him first and trust that He would add all other things. As I focused on being about God’s business, He provided for my present needs and answered some desires of my heart. I share my prayer and fasting praise report results with you.
God showed His mindfulness of me from day one and I felt His love intimately.
- Transportation – On the first day of consecration, I desired to attend the 6 a.m. prayer service. However, when the alarm went off at 5 a.m. I felt my body required more rest because I didn’t go to sleep till 3 a.m. At 5:30 a.m., I had a mind to go, but wasn’t feeling the cold and darkness outside because I usually walk to church. At 5:52 a.m., Spirit prompted me to go so I got up and dressed, trusting God. I left the house at 6:20 a.m. and got a ride from a childhood friend around the corner on his way to work. After service, I got a ride with the Deacon who lives near me and an open invitation to ride to and fro whenever needed. By week 3, I had two other members extending transportation assistance. Good looking out God!
- Support – My mom was 100% on board with my fast, ensuring that my one meal was full and satisfying throughout the 21-days. Good looking out Mom!
- Writing – Wrote an article on Prayer and Fasting to post in my NY Christian Living examiner.com column and a poem about my church to post in my hubpages.com portfolio. Thank God for 109 writings on hubpages.com and 70 on examiner.com!
- Potential Client – A potential self-publishing book client that I met when I spoke at a writing event in November requested a follow-up consultation and set a "ready" target date for March 25, 2013. And she shared some information that I resonated with and related to about One Billion Rising, a V-Day event on February 14, 2013, to end violence against women. Stay tuned for my story as 1 0f the 3 women who will be (has been)raped or beaten in her lifetime..
- Leadership – Stepped up to the divine opportunity to lead "Women of Praise" dance ministry in prayer, warm-up and rehearsal until choreographer arrived from her meeting. Where God leads me, I will follow.
- Divine Encouragement – Sunday was an emotional day because some things that were said disturbed my spirit before service started; but during the call to worship while at the altar praying, one of my church sisters came over and embraced me. I relaxed into the hug and wept. She told me that God said, “Don’t worry.” She also told me to ask her if I was in need of anything. Another member also blessed me with a gift item. God is my comfort!
Inspired 4 U Books
God was my provision, allowing me to “be” more and “do” less.
- Financial provision – A former love, wonderful friend and good client deposited money in my business account just because. Next day, a prayer line sister sent me a donation for my inspirational contributions Mondays – Fridays. Thus, I was able to focus on my consecration and not be anxious about making money. God is the Source of my unlimited supply.
- Family – My father’s son, the brother I always wanted and love dearly, posted a facebook comment saying he loved me and would keep in touch. Thank you, God!
- Spiritual Elevation – First Lady asked me to be one of the speakers at her Women’s Day program in April. My gifts make room for me.
- Favor – My cycle came a week early instead of the full week of service when I had to be on my feet and out about town. God works all things together for my good.
- Divine Encouragement – Received a God message during the Sunday service benediction when I felt an urgent need to hear and experience Him in a mighty way. The minister said that a shifting was taking place- first a shaking up, then a shift, after which everything would begin to harmonize and fall into place. Later that evening, I participated on a teleseminar about the “invoking” prayer technique that shifted and ignited my prayer experience. God rewards diligent seekers.
God met me where I was and empowered me to be of service through a busy and emotional week.
- God shift – Because of my prior evening commitments in Brooklyn, I was unable to attend the 7 p.m. prayer services; therefore, I intended to make the 6 a.m. services. However, my sleeping patterns had been extremely out of order with me going to sleep anywhere from 3 – 6 a.m. So on Sunday night, I told my mind, spirit and body that they could be up till 6 a.m. if they wanted to, but "we" would be in church come morning whether "we" were just getting up or still up. I went to bed at a better hour and woke up alert, rested and ready to start my day and have been since then (except for maybe tonight). Also my prayers, encouragement and acts of service have been passionately bolder and more confident. I speak things into existence.
- Ministry – I served through prayer and healing during healing night for healers; Helped with the editing of a friend's soon to be published book; Shared the message about Prayer and Fasting on the prayer line; Gave remarks at the home-going service, wrote two articles and created a photo album in memory and celebration of widely loved college mate, Kelvin Hicks. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Divine overflow – A prayer line sister referred a potential self-publishing book client, who contacted me; A church sister asked if I would share one of my poems at the Pastor’s Aide “Night of Praise” service in March; My articles' earnings increased close to monthly payout threshold; Closing consecration service was high powered and liberating with praise and “If these walls could talk” sermon; Another church sister gifted me with some new clothes that included an outfit that I needed to serve communion in for the following Sunday. My God supplies all my needs.
More by this Author
Three poems of love and appreciation for that special man in your life. An expression of friendship, intimacy and romance between soul-mates.