Pray For The Preacher
They Are Human Too
So many people put preachers on pedestals and think they are invinsible. We must realize they are just men and women too. Sin is also in their nature. You add that and the attacks they get, it all adds up.
Preachers, pastors, and Bible teachers are on the front lines of a war. It is our responsibility to help them. We can do that in a very simple way. It's called prayer.
When was the last time you prayed for your Pastor?
I was reading some blogs and ran across some figures that were very upsetting. Take a look at some of this:
compiled by George Barna, Focus on the Family, and other respected organizations:
- 80% of pastors believe pastoral ministry has negatively affected their families. Many pastor’s children do not attend church now because of what the church has done to their parents.
- 90% of pastors feel they are inadequately trained to cope with the demands of ministry.
- 70% say they have a lower self-image now than when they first started.
- Only 1 out of every 10 ministers will actually retire as a minister in some form.
- The profession of Pastor is near the bottom of a survey of the most-respected professions.
- Over 4,000 churches closed in America last year. That’s more than 10 every single day.
- Many denominations report an “empty pulpit crisis”. They cannot find ministers willing to fill positions.
- More than 50% of all pastors are so discouraged that they regularly consider leaving the ministry.
- 80% of seminary and Bible school graduates who enter the ministry will leave the ministry within the first five years.
- 85% of pastors said their greatest struggle is dealing with problem people such as disgruntled members, elders, deacons, worship leaders, worship teams, board members, and associate pastors.
- 90% said the ministry was completely different than what they thought it would be before they began.
- 80% of pastors’ wives feel left out and unappreciated by the church members.
- 80% of pastors’ wives wish their spouse would choose another profession.
- 50% of pastors’ marriages will end in divorce.
- 70% of pastors constantly fight depression.
With these figures, who would want to Pastor a church?
Anyone that does has got to care about mankind. There have been some great pastors that have sinned and been shunned completely from society. But we go on and sin and it's ok. I don't get it.
I am going to give some honor to a few pastors, preachers, and teachers in this hub.
I ask that you please keep them in your prayers. Also their families, they need it; take a look at the figures.
I will include some of their links and videos if available.
- BGEA: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
BGEA: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
He is the Founder and Pastor of Saddleback church in Lake Forest, California.
Rick was instrumental in putting together a debate between John McCain and President Barak Obama.
He said the prayer at the induction of President Obama as our first African American President.
I am also a member of Celebrate Recovery which Pastor Warren helped start.
Please keep Pastor Rick Warren in your prayers.
Many of you are saying," who is that?".
Joe is my Pastor. He has been right there for me. He accepts me for who I am, as he does all people.
He loves Jesus and lives it. Yea Joe has his downfalls,as we all do, but he is a good man and has a heart to lead others to Christ.
Please go to the links and listen to a few of Joe's sermons at the First Freewill Baptist link. They always hit home to me.
The video below is my church family.
Please pray for Joe.
There are many more pastors that I follow.
You can see some of them here at my profile on Twitter.
Please pray for them all. They surely need your prayers.
Make sure you keep your Pastor in prayer.
Links below are to some of their sites and the first one is a site I made.
© G.L. Boudonck
- Evotional.com - Originality, Authenticity, Creativity
Mark Batterson is lead pastor for National Community Church in Washington, DC and writes daily at Evotional.
- Perry Noble dot com
The Simply Strategic Guy
- Mars Hill Church
Mars Hill Church lives for Jesus as a city within the city - knowing culture, loving people, and seeing lives transformed to live for Jesus. We are a Multi-Campus Church that currently has several locations in the greater Seattle area. We have multip
© 2009 Greg Boudonck
More by this Author
It was the same thing day in and day out. Go to school and do follow the material that had boredom written all over it. I wanted something more; something with substance.
Children are our future and there are freaks killing them. Lets catch these evil beings and send them all to hell.
This hub describes the different political parties and their views. Written before the last Presidential election, it still gives people insight. Updated now for the most current Presidential election