Rastafarian: Twelve Tribes of Israel
There are several mansions (sections) of Rastafari. This is synonymous to fingers on a hand. The Twelve Tribes of Israel shares fundamental beliefs of Rastafari. They are one of the many fingers of the Rastafarian culture. The main difference from the mainstream Rastafarian Movement is the beleif in Jesus the CHRIST. Within the Twelve Tribe of Israels mansion (sect) of Rasatafari, the name JAH SHUA is used instead of the name Jesus. This is because the name Jesus was used to endorse and enforce slavery within the Caribbean.
The Twelve Tribe of Israel faith is based on individual enlightenment. They also believe in the Old Testament (Torah) and the new testaments. They don't believe that King Haile Selassie I is the final King and God. However, it is believed that King Haile Selassie I is a manifestation of JAH SHUA . There are no specific laws that everyone has to follow. Individual reasoning and research should bring each member to a common conclusion.
Other religions are allowed to assimilate within the movement. Twelve tribes of Israel is more of an organization than a religion. A seventh Day Christian could also become a member. A Jewish person could also join the organization. Twelve Tribes of Israel is monotheistic based. It shares the same background as Christians, Judaism and Islam. For example all these religions believe in Abraham and worships Abraham's God.
The Twelve Tribes of Israel of Rastafari are referred to as the lost tribes of Israel. The lost tribes of Israel were exiled from Israel to east Africa then to West Africa Then taken as slaves from Africa to the Caribbean and throughout the west. Most members of this movement consider themselves to be from the Tribe of Judah, the scattered descendants of the King David and Solomon lineage.
The objective of this movement is Repatriation. This is the return of all members to the Promised Land. Repatriation is a must. The Twelve Tribes of Israel also pursues reparation on behalf of all descendants of black people brought to the west. This is presently being negotiated with Queen Elizabeth the II. The Twelve Tribes of Israel represents the judiciary and diplomatic arm of the Rastafarian culture.
The Twelve Tribes of Israel of Israel faith was started by Prophet Gad also known as Dr Vernon Carrington. Prophet Gad main teaching was to study the bible and discover the truth for ones self. He started the movement in 1968 in Kingston, Jamaica. Prophet Gad lived from November 1, 1936 to March 22, 2005. As explained before, Dr Vernon Carrington believed that some of the lost tribes of Israel, through slavery found their way to Jamaica.
Jesus the CHRIST
The belief in JAHSHUA is the main difference from the other mansions of Rastafari. However, Twelve Tribes of Israel members do not practice the rituals done in Christian Churches such as baptism, christening or holding mass. They don't believe in Christmas or any other Christian holidays. The Twelve Tribes of Israel believes in JAHSHUA the CHRIST and what he represents. Haile King Selassie I also encourages the belief in the Jesus the Christ.
King Haile Selassie I is the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. This is the oldest Christian Church even before the Catholic Church. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church is one of the mansions of Rastafari that also embraces JAHSHUA the CHRIST. The members of Twelve Tribes of Israel do not believe in a white Jesus. They believe that the racial background of Jesus is misrepresented by the majority race. JAHSHUA is a spirit and does not have physical attributes. The same concept is applied to YAHWEH (God). JAHSHUA is also a descendant of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, descended from the Tribe of Judah.
Matthew 1:1 (Mattityahu 1:1)
1. This is the book of the genealogy of Messiah Yeshua("Jesus the Christ"), the son of David, the son of Abraham.
The Twelve Tribes of Israel are presently trying to re-establish the monarchy of Ethiopia. They are supporting Amha Selassie (son of King Haile Selassie I), to continue the dynasty. Ethiopia is a very important country to all Rastafarians. Ethiopia is the Garden of Eden and the final resting place of the Ark of the Covenant. When Rastafarians refer to Israel, they are not referring to the Israel state. They are referring to Jacob and his ancestors and what they represent. The promise land of Israel is all of Africa and the Middle East.
Members of the Twelve Tribes of Israel are most likely to cut their hair and shave. They also are more likely to be lacto-ova vegetarians rather than vegans. The Twelve Tribes of Israel mansion is the largest mansion within the Rastafarian culture. Members can be found anywhere in the world. The only strict rule of the organization is love.
For More Information on Rastafarian Culture
· Rastafarian Culture : An overview of Rastafarian culture and lifestyle. The different aspects of Rastafarian beliefs is explained and explored. Certain aspects such as health, food, appearance and spiritual beliefs will be examined carefully. The main Rastafarian rituals will also be expounded on.
· Rastafari vs Babylon: Explains the conflict between Rastafarian beliefs and Babylon. The continuous and soon to end battle between the righteous and the unrighteous. The wicked will continue to take advantage of the innocence of the people. It is the job of Rastafarian culture to shine a light on the deceptive techniques used by Babylon.
· Why Rastafarians are Vegans: Sparing the life of animals is an important part of Rastafarian beliefs and culture. There are more nutrients provided by plants than meat. In this day and age of hormone induced meats, it is important to avoid the dangers of meat. This article proves the importance of a vegan diet and the benefits to be gained.
· Rastafari: Interview with a Congo Natty: This is a rare interview of a (Congo Natty) Rasta Man. The Congo Natty is often seen as the purest form of practicing Rastafarian culture and beliefs. They stay far from the city and processed foods. This interview sheds light on why it is important to practice this type ascetic lifestyle. Other topics such as money, Babylon and the internet will be discussed.
· The Children are Crying Out for Love: A street child does a touching dub poet about living on the streets of Jamaica. This poem conjures up a lot of emotions. One of the main Rastafarian beliefs is to look out for the children of the streets. All these children on the streets are part of the Rastafarian culture.
Follow Rasta1 @
More by this Author
Why do Rastafarians grow dreadlocks? What is the meaning behind it? How did the dreadlocks culture get started? These are just some of the few issue that will be addressed.
Rastafarians are trying to warn people about the dangers of meat, about feeding the body, the dangers of artificial ingredients and about how to feed the soul. All these procedures are necessary on becoming a vegan.
Jamaica is one of the most interesting countries in the world. A very small Island that has so many cool accolades and residents.