Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 2
Reasons I Worship the Lord: Part 2
Hearing individual worship in church this Sunday, I wrote down the reasons I worship the Lord. I have already given ten reasons in my earlier hub. Here are some more reasons:
11. I worship the Lord for His abundant mercy and grace. When I fall into sin, His mercy (His forgiveness) is always available. And since He is merciful, and the Blood cleanses every sin, I am restored into His favour. And I thank God for His abundant grace. It is difficult to obey, difficult to follow. But I ask for grace, and He gives 'more grace'. His grace is sufficient for me, for every trial & test. I live the Christian life entirely by His mercy & grace.
12. I thank the Lord for the provision of the Lord's Table. Every week in church I am able to take part in the bread and in the cup. They are the emblems of the Lord's sacrifice -- His broken body and His shed blood. I testify to the fact that without Christ, I am nothing & I can do nothing. He is my life. I apprehend Him, I appropriate Him, I assimilate Him, as I take part every week in the Lord's Table.
13. I thank God that my Lord is becoming more dear and precious to me. I know that He is altogether lovely. His love, His patience, His kindness, His goodness, His faithfulness, His gentleness, His longsuffering, His holiness -- the virtues and excellences of His divine nature, His divine character, make Him 'Chief among ten thousand'. Foolish people try to picture Christ, with long hair and an effeminate personality! What blasphemy! It is only through spiritual eyes that we can come to recognize the Lord; through deep experiences of the cross.
14. I thank the Lord for the blessed hope that He has given every believer -- that one day He is coming again. Yes, we look forward to His second coming. In Revelation 22, the last chapter in the Bible, three times He says, 'Behold, I come quickly.' Oh, how I long for His coming.
15. I thank the Lord for the resurrection of the saints. Yes, the dead in Christ shall rise. We will see our loved ones again. Oh, what a glorious 'coming together' (family get-together) that will be!
16. I thank the Lord for the promised Millenial Reign, the glorious 1000 year rule of Christ on earth, the outcome of the first resurrection. And after that, the new heaven and the new earth. And all the glories described in Revelation 21 and 22.
17. I thank the Lord for the love that He has put in my heart for people all around the world, and the burden that they should come to know Him as Saviour and Lord. Every true Christian should have a burden for perishing souls (which should grow more & more over the years), and a missionary spirit.
18. I worship the Lord for the faith that is growing in me. Once I used to be terribly shaken when trials and persecutions and enemy attacks came. But I know now what it is to have a steadfast heart. He who trusts in the Lord will not be shaken, Isa 28.16. It is through many trials and troubles that we acquire this strong and tested faith.
19. I thank the Lord for making heaven real. I know the experience of an open heaven. I know that when I was born again, 'heaven came down and glory shone around'. I know heaven rules in the affairs of men. I know that heaven is more real than this perishing earth. And I see in the distance, as I see the beauty of the snow-capped mountains, the glories of heaven.
20. I thank the Lord that He is a God of justice. And that the wicked shall not escape. And as there is a heaven, so there is a hell. And though some foolishly preach universalism and others annihilation, I believe a righteous & holy God must have a terrible Hell, even as He has a glorious heaven.
(I have given you another 10 reasons as to why I worship the Lord Jesus Christ. In the third and concluding part, in another hub, I will give you another 10 reasons, making it a total of 30 reasons. Oh, we must learn to worship the Lord and rejoice in Him always!)
© Roland N Oliver/Pratonix
- Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 1
10 reasons why I worship the Lord Jesus Christ. i. Because I am born again. ii. Because of the forgiveness of sins. iii. Because of the power of the precious Blood. iv. Because of the witness of the Spirit within. v. Because of the Word of God...
- Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 3
This is the concluding part of a three-part essay on why I worship the Lord Jesus Christ, who is King of kings and Lord of lords, and is the Most High God, seated 'far above all' in heaven, enthroned at the right hand of the Heavenly Father.
More by this Author
Here is a poem on the account in Luke 10:25-37, the story of the Good Samaritan. The poem will enrich your understanding of the way of the Lord, and the way of the gospel. The focus is on the 'oil and wine' which the...
Read Matthew 16:8-10.‘How many large baskets full you picked up?’ One way of interpreting the miracle of feeding the 5000 is by thinking of ‘supply and demand’. What the Lord is saying is that...
Have you dedicated your home to the Lord Jesus Christ? Christian house dedication is practised in certain churches in Asia, and there is much to learn from this. Our house should be a protected house & a priestly...