"Souls Everywhere" Series - The Truth About The Deity of Jesus For Sincere Unbelieving Jews
**If you have a question or comment about the information presented on this blog or you would like to donate to my efforts you can contact me:
Hebrew Bible's Testimony
- Prov 30:4 - God "who hath established all the ends of the earth" has a Son
- Isa 9:6 - This Son is called "the Mighty God"
- Dan 3:25 - even king Nebuchadnezzar knew the Son of God existed
- Psa 2:7-12 - God has begotten a Son, and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead confirmed Jesus to be God's begotten Son
- Zec 12:10 - God says He was pierced, but if Jesus isn't God when was God pierced?
- Psa 22:16 - Who had their hands and feet pierced? Jesus did on the cross!
- Psa 4:5-6/Heb 1:8 - God calls His Son "God"
- Isa 44:6 - God here says He's the first and the last
Jesus' Own Testimony
- Rev 1:17-18 - but here Jesus says that he is the first and the last
- John 3:17 - Jesus says God sent the Son (him) to save the world
- But Remember Isa 43:11 - God says here that He is the only Saviour
- Mat 16:15-17 - Jesus asks his disciples who they think he is. Then Peter says that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God and Jesus did not rebuke Peter but instead call him blessed and said that what he (Peter) said was given to Peter by God the Father
- Matt 26:63-64, Mark 14:61-62, Luke 22:70 - Jesus himself declared to be the Son of God which was the sole reason why Jesus was condemned to be crucified (pierced on the cross). Had he lied about who he was he wouldn't have been crucified but he couldn't lie, he was the Son of God (and the Jews knew that Jesus meant he was God).
- John 8:24 - Jesus said here that those who deny that He is God will die in their sins
- John 8:58 - Jesus said He was the "I am", God said the same thing to Moses (Exo 3:14). Coincidence? Or was Jesus claiming to be God?
- Mark 12:29(Jesus quotes Deut 6:4) - Jesus confirms that God is One
- John 10:30 - God (the Father) and the Son are one (one entity)
** This is not just mere coincidence. If one looks at God's Word with an objective lens they'll realize that the only conclusion you can come to is that God is a trinity and Jesus is God (the Son, the 2nd Person of the Godhead).
The Word of God says:
- "For all have sinned and come [fall] short of the glory [the standard] of God" (Rom 3:23).
- "The wages [penalty] of sin is death [eternal separation from God in the lake of fire]" (Rom 6:23a). God must condemn sin and He will in "the lake of fire, which is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).
- But there's GOOD NEWS: God says "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18).
- 1 John 1:7 "the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from ALL sin."
- Because Jesus died in your place, God can righteously and legally forgive you, the sinner.
If you repent (turn from) your life of sin, and trust that Jesus (as fully God and fully man) died on the cross and rose again for you, God will save you RIGHT HERE and NOW.
If you say something like this to God in prayer with a sincere heart He will hear you:
"Dear God I have sinned against you. I'm sorry for my sin. I believe you sent Jesus Christ your Son to die on the cross and rise again from the grave for my sins. I accept your forgiveness and receive Jesus as my personal Saviour. Take me to heaven when I die but until then help me to make you Lord over every area of my life. Thank you God for saving me today in Jesus name Amen"
If you just asked the Lord to save you, that's great news! Please contact me I'd like to be a blessing to you any way I can.
Just some food for thought. Think about it.
Copyright © 2008
**If you would like to contact Jay (ThinkAboutIt77) you can:
New England Baptist Church
C/O ThinkAboutIt - Hubpage Articles
30 Salem St, Medford, MA 02155
Or Email Jay: Flipsidetv@yahoo.com
FLIPSIDE hosted by Jay Ricci - "Jesus the Jewish Messiah? A Jewish Perspective Part 1"
FLIPSIDE hosted by Jay Ricci - "Jesus the Jewish Messiah? A Jewish Perspective Part 2 The Conclusion"
Moses warned the children of Israel, that they must put the blood of a lamb on their doorposts, as protection from God’s final curse.
More by this Author
What you don’t know CAN hurt you. That’s why it’s VERY important to know what doctrines that have a Christian label on them floating out there are biblical and what doctrines aren’t.
Before running to the doctors for the next pill or surgery come learn God's original diet prescription for our health and well being.