Signs You Have Connected With Your Spirit Guide Or Angel
12 Signs of Contact
Spiritual connection can come in many forms. As you work with your spirit guides, angels or any other deity, you will find they have preferred or favorite ways of connecting with you and will use those methods most of the time. This way, you can immediately recognize who has come calling. Once you’ve come to know the patterns of your spiritual connections, you’ll no longer wonder "What was that?" Instead, you will easily recognize them all — from Grandma Bell to Archangel John.
During connection, you may experience some of the following:
- A flash of heat. Sometimes, the room heats up while I am working. Someone, like an Archangel, arrives and I get a flash of heat that descends through my Crown Chakra. I even sometimes break out into a sweat.
- Cold chills. I personally have felt shivers in my spine. It’s not as obvious as getting the shakes, but more subtle internally — like my spine wants to shake, but can’t quite do it.
- Feeling or sensing a presence or an energy. It can feel like someone is in the room, but you can’t see them. Or just a knowing that someone is there.
- Seeing shapes or shadows. Spirits can appear in any way, from the movie-like version of ghosts, to sparkles or lights and orbs.
- Pressure at the base of your brain. This is the location of one of the main spiritual energy gates in the body. When it isn’t open or functioning properly, you will feel pressure and sometimes get a headache. Proper grounding can keep this gate functioning fully and keep your energy distributed properly so that you don’t develop a headache.
- Tingling in your head. The top of your head may begin to tingle, or you may feel like something is in your hair and want to brush at it.
- Third Eye pressure. The Third Eye, also known as the Brow Chakra is located between your eyebrows. You may experience a slight ache there when contacting your spirit guides.
- Hearing voices. Sometimes, these voices seem a bit outside of your head. You hear things but physically no one is around. Rather, they are in your head, but yet they also seem outside of it. I sometimes hear a very clear voice without seeing a body.
- Seeing things through your third eye. You may see symbols, colors, words, flashes of light, or pictures through your third eye. These seem particularly present just before you fall asleep, but they can also be there during meditations and psychic exercises.
- Smelling odors without a physical source. This is a well known phenomenon from departed spirits. People often report smelling dad’s pipe or Aunt Claire’s perfume. Some smells are associated with certain angels and deity too.
- Tasting specific flavors without a source. You could possibly taste something in your mouth that you aren't actually physically consuming as a sign of trying to be contacted. However, this seems to be a rarer occurrence compared to the others. I’m not sure why.
- Messages from the living as a vessel. People could show up in your life and say something, or hand you something that is a direct message from your guide’s contact. I was a bit frustrated with my connections one day and adamantly demanded that my guides be more obvious in answering me. A couple of hours later, a lady walked into my office saying she had been pumping gas across the street and got this urge to bring in a brochure she had in her car. The title was "Angels Heal." She left as confused as she entered, but I knew that was the answer to my demand.
However your spiritual friends and help-mates choose to show you they are around, remember that all it takes is to be aware of your surroundings. You’ll find that there are plenty of signs to show that you have connected with your spirit guides.