God our Savior
MIGHTY TO SAVE
I enjoyed spending the day researching what is written in the Holy Bible about The Savior. This hub is a collection of these scriptures for you to relish in and let the Holy Spirit speak to you, confirming who The Savior is.
- The Hebrew word for Savior is 3467 Yasha - Avenge, bring salvation, deliver, endow with salvation, gain the victory, help, preserve, keep safe.
- The Greek word for Savior is Soter (a masculine noun, derived from 4982 Isozo, "save") – properly, the Savior, deliverer, preserver.
The Old Testament contains the writings of the Prophets; the New Testament the writings of some of the disciples and Apostles. I imagine how each of them received their inspired writings, how they intimately knew God. Just as the Old Testament patriarchs, the Apostle Paul never laid eyes on Jesus Christ while He walked the earth. On the other hand, the disciples walked, talked and ate with Him. They witnessed His death, resurrection and ascention.
The same message - given by God to His children throughout the ages...simply amazing. May God bless the reading of His Word.
MOSES and the Israelites
Ex 15:2 “The LORD (Yah) is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him.”
2 Sam 22: 2-3 “The LORD (Yahweh) is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My savior, You save me from violence.”
2 Sam 22:47 “The LORD (Yahweh) lives, and blessed be my rock; And exalted be God, the rock of my salvation”
- 1 Cor 10:4 “and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock [Petra] which followed them; and the rock [Petra] was Christ.”
- Mat 16:18b “upon this rock [Petra] I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.”
1 Chron 16:35 “Then say, ‘Save us, O God of our salvation, And gather us and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks to Your holy name, And glory in Your praise.’"
Ps 17:7 “Wondrously show Your lovingkindness, O Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand From those who rise up against them.”
- Mat 26:64 “Jesus said to him, ‘You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of MAN sitting at the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.’"
Ps 18:2 “The LORD (Yahweh) is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Eph 6:16 “in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.”
Ps 18:46 “The LORD (Yahweh) lives, and blessed be my rock; And exalted be the God of my salvation.”
Ps 24:5 “He shall receive a blessing from the LORD (Yahweh) And righteousness from the God of his salvation.”
Ps 25:5 “Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; For You I wait all the day.”
Ps 27:9 “Do not hide Your face from me, Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation!”
- 2 Cor 4:6 “For God, who said, ‘Light shall shine out of darkness,’ is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
Ps 51:14 “Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.”
Ps 66:2 “He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken."
Ps 68:19 “Blessed be the Lord (Adonay), who daily bears our burden, The God who is our salvation. Selah."
Ps 79:9 “Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Your name; And deliver us and forgive our sins for Your name's sake.”
- Isa 43:25 “I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.”
- Mark 2:5, 7 “And Jesus seeing their faith said to the paralytic, ‘Son, your sins are forgiven.’… "Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?’"
- Acts 5:31 “He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as Prince and Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” 1
- Heb 9:22 “And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.”
Ps 89:26 “He will cry to Me, 'You are my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.'
Ps 118:14 “The LORD (Yah) is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.” (Ex 15:2)
1article 'a' Prince and 'a' Savior is not in the Greek text
Isa 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD (Yah) GOD (Yahweh) is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."
Isa 17:10 “For you have forgotten the God of your salvation And have not remembered the rock of your refuge.”
Is 33:2 “O LORD (Yahweh), be gracious to us; we have waited for You. Be their strength every morning, Our salvation also in the time of distress.”
Is 43:3 “For I am the LORD (Yahweh) your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.”
- Ps 16:10 “For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.”
- Acts 3:14 “But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you.”
Is 43:11 “I, even I, am the LORD (Yahweh), And there is no savior besides Me."
Is 45:15 “Truly, You are a God who hides Himself, O God of Israel, Savior!”
Is 45:21 “Declare and set forth your case; Indeed, let them consult together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has long since declared it? Is it not I, the LORD (Yahweh)? And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and Savior; There is none except Me.”2
Is 49:26 “I will feed your oppressors with their own flesh, And they will become drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine; And all flesh will know that I, the LORD (Yahweh), am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
Is 60:16 “You will also suck the milk of nations And suck the breast of kings; Then you will know that I, the LORD (Yahweh), am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.”
- Gal 3:13 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree‘—(Deut 21:23)
- 1 Pet 1:18-19 “knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.”
- Is 9:6 “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God (El Gibbor), Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”
Is 62:11 “Behold, the LORD (Yahweh) has proclaimed to the end of the earth, Say to the daughter of Zion, ‘Lo, your salvation comes; Behold His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him."
- Rev 22:12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.”
Is 63:8 “For He said, ‘Surely, they are My people, Sons who will not deal falsely.’ So He became their Savior.”
2article 'a' Savior is not in the Hebrew text
More of the PROPHETS
Jer 14:8 “O Hope of Israel, Its Savior in time of distress, Why are You like a stranger in the land Or like a traveler who has pitched his tent for the night?”
Hosea 13:4 “Yet I have been the LORD (Yahweh) your God Since the land of Egypt; And you were not to know any god except Me, For there is no savior besides Me."
Micah 7:7 “But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD (Yahweh); I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.”
Hab 3:18 “Yet I will exult in the LORD (Yahweh), I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.”
- Zeph 3:17 “The LORD (Yahweh) your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
Luke 2:11 “for today in the city of David there has been born for you the Savior, who is Christ the LORD (G: Kyrios/H: Yahweh).”3
3 properly, the Savior, not 'a' Savior
Rom 11:26 “and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, He will remove ungodliness from Jacob." (Is 59:20)
Phil 3:20 “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for the Savior, the LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh) Jesus Christ.”
1 Tim 1:1 “Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior and Christ Jesus, who is our hope.”4
1 Tim 4:10 “For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.”
2 Tim 1:10 “but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:3-4 “but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior, to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.”4
Titus 2:10-11 “not pilfering, but showing all good faith so that they will adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in every respect. For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men.”
Titus 2:13-14 “looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.”
Titus 3:4-7 “But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
4'of' Christ Jesus is not in the Greek; 'and' is the Greek word 'kai' - and, even, also, namely
2 Pet 1:1 “Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:”
2 Pet 1:11 “for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh) and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.”
2 Pet 2:20 “For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh) and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.”
2 Pet 3:2 “that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh) and Savior spoken by your apostles.”
2 Pet 3:18 “but grow in the grace and knowledge of our LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh) and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.”
1 John 4:14 “We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.”5
5 ref. John 3:16 "begotten" Son; John 20:21
Jude 1:4 “certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh).”
Jude 1:25 “to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh), be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.”
YESHUA IS LORD
The name ‘Jesus’ is from the Hebrew name YHWH and Yasha (Savior), which is from the Hebrew root H3091 YeHoWsHua, shortened to Yeshua, which means 'Yahweh/Yah IS Salvation'. The Hebrew word for salvation is 'teshuah'.
Isa 7:14 prophesied, “Therefore the Lord (Adonay) Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel”, “which translated means, ‘GOD WITH US.’" (Mat 1:23).
Phil 2:10 “so that at the name of Jesus (Yeshua) every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus (Yeshua) Christ (Mashiach) is LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh), to the glory of God the Father.”
- Ps 95:6 “Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD (Yahweh) our Maker.”
- Isa 45:23 “I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.”
- Rom 14:11 “For it is written, ‘As I live, says the LORD (Kyrios/Yahweh), every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall give praise to God.’”
- The Battle for your SOUL
GOOD is a master and EVIL is a master. The Word says in Matthew 6:24 that “No man can serve two masters; either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other.” Have you ever been in the middle of a war?
- Come to JESUS: Salvation
Are you feeling drawn to your Savior? This hub is to share with you what it is to be saved and the simple prayer of asking Jesus Christ into your heart to be your Savior today. He accepts you just as you are and freely forgives all of your sins. Are
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered what the Book of Life is? When did it come about? Whose names are in it? What is the difference between the book of life and “the books” present at the Great White Throne judgment? I...
The phrase “Sovereign LORD” is used 209 times in the Bible; only 7 times in the New Testament. You'd be surprised how many deny Jesus Christ is our only Sovereign and Lord who bought us! (Jude 1:4; 2 Pet...
The Christmas story found in the Holy Bible (Luke 2) is cherished by all Christians. The birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is the most important event in history, next to the day of His resurrection. While...