The Bible And Science
Many people believe the bible to be simply a story. A little book that has been made up and no longer needs to be read. Why do people need to read it? Are we more educated? Do we need to read a book that was made up years and years ago?
What is interesting, at least to me, is the fact that the bible contains some very interesting scientific facts. Facts that were written over 1,000 years before they were discovered by scientists. There are over 1,000 scientific facts in the bible, but this hub is only going to write about a few.
1) The bible and the immune system of babies. In Genesis 17:12 the bible tells us that boys should be circumcised on the eight day. Medical Science has found that on the eight day, after a child is born, is the time when coagulation of the blood has reached it's peak. Medical Science has also found that the eight day after a child has been born, is the time when the immune system is also at it's peak.
2) The bible declares that the blood is the source of life. Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood. Until recent years doctors used to try to cure patients by using the practice of letting them "bleed" from time to time. when they used this practice, their patients usually died. Science has found that blood carries oxygen, water, nourishment to every cell in the body. Blood also has antibodies. These antibodies can destroy pretty much any infection that enters the body.
3) The bible told us in Job 26:7 that the earth hangs on nothing, It was not until 1650 that science understood that the earth was hanging alone in space.
4) The bible told us the earth was round. Isaiah 40:22 It is He that sits upon the circle of the earth. Circle in Hebrew is round not flat. It was about 2000 years later when the earth was actually found, not to be flat.
5) The bible told us that the air has mass In the book of Job 28:25 there is a weight for the wind. It wasn't until the 16th century that science discovered that air ( gravity) has weight.
6) The bible told us that light can be parted. please look in the book of Job 38:24. Sir Isaac Newton studied light and discovered that light can be parted into seven colors, then combined again to make light white.
8) The bible and hygiene. Leviticus 15:13 we are given specific instructions to wash our hands and keep ourselves clean, wash our clothes, and bathe our flesh in running water. Before doctors were aware of germs they would go from patient to patient without washing their hands. In those cases, most of the patients in hospitals usually died. It wasn't until germs were discovered by microscopes and doctors in hospitals began to wash their hands, that patients recovery rates increased dramatically.
9) The bible and the flood of Noah. About 85% of the rock surface around the world is made up of sedimentary rock. This indicates that at some time in the past, the world was covered with water.
10) The bible and the law of quarantine. The bible has taught us the importance of people who are very ill being in quarantine. Leviticus 13:46 All the days where the plague shall be in him, he shall be defiled; he is unclean, and he shall dwell alone. Without camp shall his habitation be. During the Black Plague in the 14th Century patients who were sick or dying were in the same home, and rooms as their families. This plague spread so much in the 14th Century that millions of people died.
Archeology Proves the Bible True. Please watch the video below.
As for archeology, many cities have been found whose names where in the bible. Such as the city of Dan. The more archeology works the more it uncovers, cities and parts of cities whose names were written about in the bible. It is amazing because the names of these cities have their names written on them, and archeologists find the exact same name written on the ruins of the cities they find. They also find, within the cities stone tombs with peoples names on them. People who had died in the same city, which was written about in the bible.
The picture to the left is the remains of the city of Dan. The city of Dan was written about in the bible, but was only discovered recently. it is still being worked on. The reason it interests me is that Dan was my father's name. So, I think it is pretty cool, they found the city of Dan. Waiting to find out more about that city. Also am wondering what will they find next.
What else will we know find that is also in the bible?
The material for this hub came from the book Scientific Facts in the Bible. written by Ray Comfort
- Aliens In The Bible?
Have there ever been descriptions of Aliens in the bible? Some believe it is true and some do not.
More by this Author
Eve eating from the tree of knowledge. Thus, leaving the Garden of Eden.
Jesus had the skin color of a physical man, but only when he was on the earth. In reality, skin color does not matter, after all Jesus is the one true Son of God.
On Dec. 31, 2011 Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act, which could give him the power to enact martial law. He can stay in power as long as he wants to.