The Servant who Chooses to Lead
Why God needs servants: to express the will of God in the church. The person of the Holy Spirit has been sent to administer to the church and to prepare the church for her bridegroom, but He need’s servant; men and women who have been obedient to the will of God to act as a viaduct for the expressed power of the Holy Spirit.
The person of the Holy Spirit has a;
But the Holy Spirit needs a born again son to express the will of God upon the earth. (1Cor.6:19)
He needs deacons, evangelist and ushers to become love servants – not doing the work of the Lord for money, reputation, position or possession but because they love God and His people. The Holy Spirit is looking for people who are committed to doing the will of the Father. In fact Romans 8:27 tells us, “And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”
The mark of a Servant
In the O.T a slave would lay his head on the doorpost and allow someone to bore a hole in his ear. Then the new person would put an earring in his ear as a public demonstration that he was no longer a slave but a person who chose of his own free will because of love, to remain with the household.(Exo.21:1-6)
His seven years was up and he could go but he said no; I will become your doulos.
Psalms 40:6, “Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required”.
Our prayer today is that God would open our ears that we may become servants whom He can safely trust to be obedient to the call which He has called us as evangelist.
Duties of A Servant
- A servant hears and obeys
- He has respect for authority, 1Ti.6:1
- He usually doesn’t need additional information except for clarity sake
- He has patience in tough places
- He desires that he may please him who called him, Tit.2:9
- He doesn’t procrastinate; delay, postpone, drag your feet, put off
- He is faithful - singleness of heart, Col.3:22
- He doesn’t hesitate; think twice about it, be indecisive, unwilling
- A servant knows that obedience is the gateway into authority (Heb. 5:8-9)
- A servant knows that to have a life full of the Spirit is to have a life filled with obedience
A Servant Is a Co-Laborer with God
As a co-laborer we have certain responsibility (1Cor. 3:9) as one that works with an employer has to have knowledge of the company and his job assignment
More by this Author
In todays world, the character of a man is tantamount to his physical birth order. This blogs challenges you to observe the symbology of spiritual birth orders.