The Kingdom of the Son - Part 2
The Trajectory of Pagan/Gentile Philosophy:
The naivety of the immature Christian mind is that it does not reconcile the Historical data and philosophies of fallen mankind to gauge insight into the state of the mixed Samaritan life that has been accepted by modern Christian religion as normal. It all began with the lineage of Seth, Adams son who reinstates the promise of God and His plans in the earth again through the sons of God in Gen 4:25. While those who are not part of the sons of God chose another path that began with Cain and matures by the time of Nimrod and the Tower of Babel. This Community of people spread across the known earth of their time and were grouped together under common linguistic similarities after God scattered them, because He could see down the corridors of time the enemies’ ability to unify them for evil purposes. They served Satan through other Gods crafted by fear of a darkened soul, and demons. The histories of these gods were transferred by folk tales and stories of their Elders through the generations. What is surprising though is that the primary core root outline of their religious beliefs bears some similarities to the Judaism account of God and creation, however it is a counterfeit to the truth and it encompasses polytheism. Judaism subscribed to a monotheistic theology while Paganism, Hellene and Heathens were the alternatives in a broad sense. So let’s take a look at how these pagan philosophies have come to bear upon a Gentile society in the New Testament during the ministry of Paul. The driving force behind any ruling Empire was their religious philosophy, which was meant to permeate all of the other facets of life within that culture. It is actually the bedrock of ancient and modern societies. The fact that the Kingdom had to confront those ideologies is notable because it reinforces that fundamental belief. Greco -Roman mythology had some core paradigms that were the breaches or soft spots that would cause the Gospel of the Kingdom to gain access into this religious culture. Here are some of the breaches.
1. Conflict between the father and son gods. There was an ever growing hatred between the gods and a power struggle between them. You will discover that Gaia and Uranus decided to stop having Titan children and how relational conflict between them, caused Gaia to give instructions to Chronos her last born to castrate his father Uranus and by so doing he became the ruling god among the Titans. This motif of Father against son resurfaced between Chronos and Zeus. Because Chronos had betrayed his father, he feared that his offspring would do the same, and so each time Rhea, his sister - wife gave birth, he snatched up the child and ate it. Rhea hated this and tricked him by hiding Zeus by wrapping a stone in a baby's blanket, which Chronos ate. When Zeus was full grown, he fed Chronos a drugged drink which caused him to vomit; throwing up Rhea's other children and the stone. Zeus then challenged Chronos his Father to war for the kingship of the gods.
2. Grudge between the gods and men. The gods were not permitted to aid men at all. There was an essential hostility and suspicion between gods and men. The gods despised everything that men attained, achieved or received. To be successful and prosperous or great was dangerous, mediocrity alone was safe. Any man that raised himself out of the common dredge of humanity was in danger of the fury of the gods. There is a story of Prometheus who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to men and how this infuriated Zeus who chained Prometheus to a rock and prepared a vulture to tear out his liver everyday, which grew again only to be torn out again by the vulture, until Hercules freed him from his torture. Men were not permitted to enter into any blessing. Man was not a child of the gods but rather a victim of the gods, there therefore must always remain an enmity between the gods and man.
3. The unknowable and unfathomable gods. The Greek philosopher Plato claimed that is was difficult to find out about God and impossible to tell somebody else about your discoveries of Him. Even though the Greeks believed in searching out the mysteries of the unknown in particular the origins of the Deity, they attributed this discovery to a select few. Discovery is difficult, communication impossible. Plutarch described this search by the exclusive few men as a flash of light in thick darkness, like a moment of illumination and then darkness again. "Never God and men shall meet", said Plato. The Gods were beyond the reach of mankind.
4. The gods were completely detached from the World. The Greeks believed that the actual Governments of man were in the hands of daimons, who are intermediaries between god and man. These daimons were in charge of the natural forces and the day to day running of the world’s affairs. The Greek Philosopher Glover put it like this, "The One God is by common consent far from all direct contact with this or any other universe of becoming and perishing. The ultimate God rules through deputies, but he is completely detached from the world.” Plutarch added that, "If you remove the daimons, you make confusion and disorder of everything". The idea of bringing the gods down among the affairs of the mortals does not spare his majesty, his dignity and the greatness of Gods excellence. He concluded that the daimons are everywhere but God is nowhere among men. The idea of an incarnation would have been incredible to the Greek mind.
5. Demigods - the offspring of God and man. In the ancient Greek and Roman world the word, "demigod" did not have a consistent definition. The earliest use of the word by the Greeks suggested that anybody that had good behavior, strength, power, good family values and favor where known as "heroes". These heroes’ got to enjoy a special place among the gods in the afterlife. It was the Romans however that began aspiring to these heroes to "demigod" status. They concluded that the reason for their good lives was because they were the offspring of deity and humans, surely. The term demigod first appeared in English circles in the late sixteenth century when it was used to render the Greco-Roman concepts of semideus and daemon. It was from this philosophy that the Roman Emperors were elevated to Deity status by law. Any person that did not subscribe to that law, were called atheists. When the early saints were being fed to the lions in the Roman Coliseum during the Gladiator games, the crowds would chant, “Kill the atheists! Kill the atheists!” The idea of God having a son was not foreign to the Romans in Jesus day and during Paul’s missionary journey to the Greco-Roman gentiles. These entrenched beliefs came to a head in two great philosophies which were the religions of the world in the N.T times. These were Epicureanism and Stoicism.
The Gospel of the Kingdom in Context to Present Truth:
The Kingdom of God is within you. Christ in you, the hope of glory. We have found ourselves in 2014/2015 in the present truth of the message of “Fathers and sons” This truth has been unpacked to us through the understanding of the Elijah Anointing and becomes one of the manifold wisdom of the unfolding revelations of heaven for the earth. I do not have the time here to present that understanding and would encourage you to listen to Apostle. Thamo Naidoo’s teaching on the Elijah Anointing, his is one of the most detailed and accurate revelations of the complete unpacking of this grace that is currently shaping the spiritual landscape in our day. We have disabused the notion that we are meant to serve God as Angels are meant to serve the sons of God or a servant would serve a King. Rather the sons of God serve God as in the understanding of the Melchizedek priestly function of bringing God to the people. God is in us, His sons, reconciling man to Himself, not counting their sins against them. We are representational sons not ministering servants. So how are we meant to translate this Gospel of the Kingdom that is forcefully advancing along the unfolding revelation of present truth in our epoch of time for our generation? Let me begin by laying a foundation and there after build on that foundation of truth.
Philip 2:5 -11 Amp ,Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:] Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God, God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained, But stripped Himself [of all privileges and rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being. And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross! Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name, That in (at) the name of Jesus (Son of God) every knee should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, And every tongue [frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The key characteristic of spiritual maturity in the life of a son of God, is humility. Only the mature can be humble. Humble does not mean being quite in nature. Humility that is filtered through a mind that understands His Spirit origin in relation to His Father God and yet chooses to discount his God status and act without reputation and boasting, is humility. Philippians 2: 5-11 accurately describes the attributes of what makes God, God. God being the most powerful being ever and by that I mean His nature to love unconditionally, not raw voltage power like electricity, is also the most humble of beings, it is this characteristic that makes Him God. Now He says, “There is no other God besides me”. Because everything else that claims to be God is unable to humiliate itself and serve another, but wants to be served and worshiped by other beings in fear of being cursed or obliterated. That is the Satanic, evil and Hellish understanding.
The Kingdom must find in its purest expression in the order of natural Family first for every son of God. Remember family and marriage are not institutions of man but find its origin in God Himself. First the natural, and then the spiritual. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God in the (natural order of family) and his righteous (rule in the natural order of family.) The words in brackets are my emphasis. The natural Father of that Household along with his wife and children must become the picture of the nature of Godly order in the earth. Firstly, the Father or the husband must lay down his life for his wife that is his primary role before He can rule over the House of God, and to bring his family into righteous Governmental order of the Kingdom. His wife must submit to him, as He submits to Christ and the children must obey their parents in all things. This family must also be submitted to the natural Government and laws of the day because it’s our Father God of the Kingdom that has put it in authority for His purposes. When a family is committed to building it like this then all the other things will be added onto them. There is no mutual submission in the order of God. Please see the following scriptural references. Ephesians 5 & 6; Colossians 3:18-25; 1 Corinth 7:1-5; 1Tim 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9; 1Peter 3:1-9. Once order and good governance is established in a working model of your natural family then God the Father will extend your sphere of influence over His spiritual Household too, if that is your calling. Unfortunately we have circumvented this process of God and have shrouded this organic process by man’s ideas of making leadership in Institutional Church a vocational choice and a career path based on a personal spiritual calling and attendance to their Bible College in the mainline Institutional Christendom or a hereditary option in autonomous Institutional Christendom if your father is the Pastor of that independent Church.
The emphasis of the Kingdom to transform your community can only begin by transforming your family first. What community are we talking about? Let me be crystal clear here. I am not talking about completely transforming the Inner City of drug addiction, prostitution, homelessness and poverty. These are the collateral damage of people that are subject to the world system and its master Satan, many of whom have been Christians too. We may be deployed by the Father to sit on their Boards as advisers and counselors, but that problem will always be there until the Lord returns because the World and its systems are Satan’s design and all those that live by that standard will be subjected to the death and the decay of the system. We may have significant influence in bringing down statistics if our counsel is heeded but that is as far as the Kingdom would permit. Does the Kingdom exist to bring complete radical change to the systems of this world by us infiltrating these systems? The answer is a resounding NO! I am not in support of the, “Seven Mountain Mandate.” I believe that the Kingdoms of this world have bowed down, and will bow down to the Kingdom of our God and request of it to be schooled in the righteous ways of an Eternal God. See Isaiah 2:3 & Micah 4:2.
The Kingdom presents an alternative system of life, nothing that you have ever seen or heard. No eye has seen, and no ear has heard and no mind can know what God has in store for those who love Him and are called to His purposes. But the Spirit searches all things, yes, even the deep things of God and makes them known to us His sons. Complete transformation will only manifest in a corporate expression of the Kingdom as a Holy Nation. That is to say that once we come to accept the arrangement of this Holy Nation as a Family under Patriarchal Fathers and not an Institution hierarchy under CEO’s, Boards of Trustees, Line Managers and staff. Until we all come to agree as to what unifies our Faith unto a mature son, we will be blown about by every wind of doctrine. For further reference to this subject please read my Hub-page blog entitled, “The Inauguration of the King over the Holy Nation”. We have been so far removed by the fall from our Father, that to even consider a quality of life without buying and selling, Central Governments, Banks and money, energy and fuel needs, are absurdity and insanity. Yet we have a biblical example of an entire Nation of Israel that is sustained for 40 years in the Desert, being supernaturally fed and protected by God Himself and thereafter moved into developed lands and resources in Canaan. Jesus Christ the Son of God did not come to overthrow the Roman Empire physically with violence and uprising, even though there were a group called the “Zealots” that expected Him to do just that. He came to prophetically declare that the Kingdom of God has come and it will grow and spread like leaven. Daniel saw it as a little rock, cut out of a mountain, not with human hands, that struck the Kingdoms of this World and utterly destroyed it into ashes. It grows into an exceeding great mountain that fills the entire earth, see Dan 2:44-45.
I need to shatter a position that has been held by many good men and women of the previous generations and this was passed down to us. It is now time to be brought under judgement and correction. I grew up with this understanding that it is God, Church and Ministry first, your job second, relatives, friends, strangers third and your immediate family last. By this I mean, that in the scale of priority of time, money and resources, that was the pecking order. I have watched and lived in that environment for all of my early adolescent life. My Dad was very much more concerned about helping others and being there for others, than spending time with us his children and family. Needless to say I grew up in a dysfunctional home. I have no idea of what Family life was, we never went on family holidays or had Braai’s on the weekend or played board games around the kitchen table. It was my mother that held us together and wrapped our lives in the programes of the Church from Monday to Sunday. After I was married, Jennifer & I started our own family and my priorities of life began to change. It was God, Church, ministry first, job second, immediate family third and relatives, friends and strangers last. It was during those years that I excelled as a businessman and became very financially prosperous. I gave most of my time to my vocation, gave most of my money and service to my Church and would squeeze in my family in the space leftover. That is when God the Father decided to apprehend my disorder and pulled the rug out from under me and in 2008 when the Global Market crashed we lost everything. Ever since that time the Father was drawing me back to sonship and He took both Jennifer and I to a dry and trackless land where He began to reprogram me as a son in my Fathers House. I have watched how He began to remove my religious idols, of ministry, dismantle paradigms of who I thought He was and utterly transformed my point of view to the order that He approves.
I watched how He dethroned Himself from my notion of Ministry as a servant and how He made me understand my representational role as His son. He totally removed from me every ounce of my religious understanding of Ministry until all He was happy with was my being a son in His Household and Him being my Father, no ministry whatsoever. He showed me how I could just walk with Him like Enoch and be utterly consumed by Him. I observed Him dethrone Himself in humility, as He began showing me Himself in my wife and children, who would lay down their lives for me at a heartbeat. They walked with me through the most difficult times of my life in obedience to render absolute abandonment to His will. They would go without and gladly allow me to put God first. They watched me give away money, time and resources to God and His people and them be left without. During this time I never saw what I was doing to them but I just wanted to be obedient to God and that justified my actions. I was blinded by my religious pride and passionate pursuit of my destiny in God and used every scripture to reinforce my position. I could not see it even when I was cautioned by my spiritual father of my actions of placing God above my family to their detriment.
The Father in His graciousness towards me would not permit me to continue, until I had rearranged my priorities in synchronization to His present truth of emphasizing Family in relation to fathers and sons. You see God is not a narcissistic egomaniac that suffers with delusions of grandeur. God does not have a God complex. He is prepared to bring into righteous rule the order that would transfer His blessing to His sons because of the covenant that He swore to Himself in Christ. It is why He will judge His own Family first before He can judge the world; He is committed to maturing His own Family first. He will not correct t the neighbors children. This is why there is a herald of the Spirit of Elijah, to draw and turn the hearts of the sons back to the Father, back to His Family. This is why there is a cry in the heart of the Father to leave Religious Christianity and come under the Kingdom and His righteousness. This is why there is need to change from Church culture to Kingdom culture. The mystery of Christ and His Church is hidden in the relationship of a husband, a wife and his family. Today I declare by the Spirit of God that the Father is completely rearranging the priority to Family first, because when you serve your family first you are serving God, when you prioritize your Family first you are prioritizing God. God of All is in All of them, as you become the picture of the Father to them in maturity. Jesus Christ prayed in John 17, “Father make, them One as we are One”. The Godhead lives to serve each other, they are not in competition to each other. The Family is the highest priority in the agenda of God now, both natural and spiritual. When the world and religious Christians sees an ordered, blessed and prosperous family that are able to stand together during the trials and suffering of life and are strong relationally with each other and are equally financially blessed, they will see God in that Family and inquire about the Kingdom.
These things are not my opinions, but resonate from extreme boldness and passion for my Father’s House, under His authority. For my wisdom is not of this world, it is the power of God that works in me to do and to declare what must take place in the days ahead shortly in the lives of our sons and in the age to come. He did not subject the world to come to fallen Angels but to us His sons. The World is in crisis because the God of the heavens and the earth is shaking everything that is not the Kingdom of His Son and He has begun to shake and judge His own Household first. The world in 2015 is already under tremendous crisis globally. Uprising and unrest, wars and rumors of wars, genocide, xenophobia attacks, brutal violent public murder of the innocent, earthquakes, financial meltdown and political instability. To come under the righteous rule of a spiritual Household under a spiritual father is your choice to voluntary subject yourself to the judgement of the House of God for maturity and be saved, so that you avoid the judgement that is about to come upon the Church in the world and be utterly destroyed. He that has an ear to hear, let him hear what the Spirit is saying to His Family, His sons.
Grace and Peace
More by this Author
When Adam sinned he lost his Father and became an Orphan We have established in previous editions according to Luke 3:38, under the genealogy of Jesus, that Adam was the son of God, so it can be concluded that...
It is really amazing to me how the Father opens up Himself to you in the revelation of the Word and how He is not trying to hide from you the secrets of His person or the affairs of the Kingdom when..
It has been 7 years for me since the new season has visited South Africa, and this new season was re-presented by Apostle Sam Soleyn from USA, and he illuminated another point of view that was missing from the...
No comments yet.