Interesting Blood Facts and Theories
In Blood We Trust
Blood has a peculiar significance to almost every culture on Earth.
- In antiquity blood was equated with life, longevity and eternal youth.
- Some cultures consider menstrual blood a potent regenerating substance that gives the drinker special powers.
- The word "blood" is the most common word in the Bible after "God".
- Secret cults were created based on the concept of preserving certain bloodlines. "The royal family" and aristocracy in general is one of such "cults" that place superior value on "blue blood" over commoners' "red blood".
This speaks to the point that not all blood is the same.
In fact, some blood characteristics differ so much from person to person that it begs the question: is human race one species or are we several similar but distinct species that were erroneously classified as one on the basis of Darwin's theory of evolution?
7 Quick Blood Facts
- There are four major blood types determined by the presence or absence of A and B antigens: type A, type B, type AB and type O.
- Type O is the oldest blood type.
- Type AB is the rarest blood type. Only about 4% of the world population has that type (including Barack Obama).
- Type O negative is considered to be the universal donor type. It can be distributed to any blood type in case of an emergency.
- Blood is made up of red cells, platelets, plasma, and cryoprecipitate.
- Studies have shown that eating right for your blood type actually works. For example, blood type O needs a lot of protein, less grain and more exercise.
- The easiest (and the most generous) way to find out your blood type is to donate blood to the Red Cross. 1 Pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. If you want to make a difference (and find out your blood type), please donate your blood to the Red Cross. After about 6 weeks you will receive a donor card with your blood type.
Fascinating Look into the History of RH Negative Blood Type
Blood Type and The Rh Factor
In addition to types, blood is also classified based on the presence or absence of the Rh antigen, often called the Rh factor.
People who have the antigen are called Rh positive (85% of the world population), and people who don't are Rh negative (15% of the population). The greatest incidence of the Rh negative factor is among the Basque people of Northern Europe (35%).
What's intriguing about the Rh negative factor is its origin. All mammals are Rh positive, and since blood characteristics are some of the most stable genetic factors, most people's origin can be traced to Darwin's apes, end of story.
Then where did Rh negative people come from?
If we all originated from the same ancestor, our blood should be the same. Yet when an Rh negative woman is pregnant with an Rh positive child, her body rejects and attacks the fetus with antibodies in a manner not seen anywhere in nature, except in cases of two different species interbreeding.
Rh Negative Blood Characteristics
- Higher than average IQ
- Sensitive vision and other senses
- Lower body temperature
- Predominantly blue, green, or hazel eyes
- Sensitivity to heat and sunlight
- Unexplained marks on the body
- Vivid or lucid dreams
- Profound spiritual experiences
- Strong urge to explore life's mysteries
Theories About Rh Negative Blood
There are some extravagant theories out there explaining this peculiar phenomenon, and also insinuating that Rh negative people are somehow superior, with characteristics like higher than average IQ, sharp senses, better immune system, psychic and empathetic abilities, a sense of a special "mission" in life, interest in cosmology, and other para-human qualities.
Many of these theories point to extraterrestrial origins, with references to the Nephilim, the Annunaki, creators, angels, "reptilian bloodline", "blood of the gods" etc.
This alien origin theory comes from the assumption that since Rh negative people are not the descendants of prehistoric man, they must be the descendants of the ancient astronauts.
If, according to the ancient astronaut theory, the earth was visited by extraterrestrials in the ancient past, it's not that big of a stretch to suggest that they've left some kind of genetic mark on humanity. So Rh positive is the original human blood type, and Rh negative could be a later mutation (or manipulation) that mostly effected the population of Western Europe.
Opponents of the alien origin theory say that Rh negative factor does not indicate the presence of anything alien. Simply because some people lack the Rh antigen, doesn't mean there's something special going on.
Are you Rh Negative?
On a personal note, I am A Negative, and some (if not most) of the Rh negative characteristics do apply to me, and it is tempting to believe these theories, but I must remain agnostic.
If you've been looking to find who you are and where you come from your whole life, the answer couldn't be as simple as a blood factor, could it?
But something has to be said about the fact that many psychics, faith healers and paranormal researchers have RH negative blood. For example, Erich von Daniken (the author of "Chariots of the Gods?" and other books), Brad Steiger (the author of "Gods of Aquarius"), Robert Antone Wilson (author of "Illuminus"). These are just a few names that come to mind.
What accounts for a large percentage of negatives in these fields? If you've read this far, chances are, you already know the answer.
To Learn More, Check Out These Great Hubs
- Blood Types: History, Genetics, and Percentages around the World
Prior to the discovery of blood groups, blood transfusions were often deadly. Physicians attempted the use of milk and animal blood as an alternative to human blood, but met with limited success.
- Are you RH-Negative Blood Type? Traits and Characteristics
Whether or not you are RH negative, you may be intrigued by the list of possible common traits held by people with this blood type. Science or science fiction?
A Guide to Eating Right for 4 Your Blood Type
© 2014 Lana Zakinov
More by this Author
Why are we denied the truth about the UFOs? Is mass panic scenario really a concern? What would the UFO disclosure mean for the human race?
We can endlessly debate whether the world is ready, but as some of you know, the UFO files disclosure is inevitable, sooner or later. What can possibly go wrong?
Step-by-step instructions on how to go blonde at home and not ruin your hair.