The 10 best rocking hymns ever!
There is one Almighty Spirit in the sky!
Calling on YOU!
Rocking in the name of the Lord!
Even though some songs are mainstream and rock, there is an obvious message behind them. I love songs with a beat that sing praise to The Almighty! Here are some of the best rock and roll and funky hymns of all time!
10. Jesus is just alright with me- The Doobie Brothers- A great song from the 70's that talks about a relationship with Christ in everyday language.This was popular among "Woodstock/hippie Christians!
9. My Sacrifice- Creed- A song about Power, Freedom, and other such gifts that come from a Spiritual life.
8. Whatever it takes- P.O.D.- This was heavy and wild! This is how the mighty P.O.D. was before the Satellite album. This is the one true heavy metal song on the list. The rest are a bit more mellow.
7. I feel so alive- P.O.D.- I know, it is a bit weird to have 2 back to back from the same band on the same list. However, like Creed , Payable On Death is mainstream rock, but writes most of their songs about a Higher cause!
6. Calling on You- Stryper-An 80s hair band that jammed pretty hard, called upon the Creator when they sang. They inspired a generation, and were picked badly by their rock and roll peers.
5.Stoned love-The Supremes- Yes, this was about God and his love for this world of His. Diana was awesome, and there will never be another.
4. Gloria-U2- This was the band from the Emerald Island's first big hit in America. Back when they were a real band. Now they have fallen off the deep end, never to return!
3. Put your hand in the hand from Galilee- Ocean, and Elvis- Elvis did great hymns and actually had a double album filled with hymns. This particular song was deep and Spiritual all the way through it!
2. One Love- Bob Marley- Bob had deep beliefs and sang to God often, even though he was known to smoke a lot of jeeba. No one can deny the fact that he, the greatest Marley to ever live, loved his Creator, and his fellow man!This one was just beautiful and heartfelt.
1. Spirit In The Sky- Norman Greenbaum- Yes he was Jewish, but this was a great Christian Hymn that brought the word to a searching generation. Some will say that he did this as a joke. No way do I believe that because this was so powerful! We all gotta have a friend...
- The Loaves and Fishes- A new view of Jesus's Love.
Jesus feeds 5,000, and teaches us all an important lesson.
- What makes me a huge Led Hed and my favorite songs by them.
Do you love Led Zeppelin? Who doesn't?
- the 10 best punk rock songs ever!
The music behind the crazy clothes, hair dos, and moshing. What are the best punk songs ever? Read on and tell me what you think!
- The 10 best rock and roll Christmas Carols ever. Read over 2,000 times!
Some of the best and most respectful carols, were redone by rock bands!
- the 10 best Reggae tunes!
Reggae is a rich, cultural form of music that has been embraced around the world. Here are the 12 best!
More by this Author
Here is my list. It will be different than any other. I am not influenced by anyone or anything, other than my love of writing.
Have you ever thought that you have heard all of the classic rock there was to hear? Here is one that you may not have. Monster is unique and powerful! Here it is.