Ophiuchus, the Lost Sign of the Zodiac
Would it bother you to change your perception of yourself?See results without voting
Location of Ophiuchus in the sky
Zodiac Symbol for Ophiuchus
In 2004, I took an Astronomy class as a Science requirement for my Associate in Arts degree. It was fascinating and awe-inspiring to learn about the planets and the space we live in. But the most fascinating bit of information was hearing our Professor say one day, "There is a 13th sign of the Zodiac....One that was "deleted" thousands of years ago. Now, I hold no regard for the psuedo-science of Astrology, but if you think I'm crazy--do some research."
Well-I did. And he was right! There is a constellation between Sagittarius and Scorpio called Ophiuchus, or if you prefer Greek names, it is Aesculapius. Either way, it is known as The Healer.
"This intriguing constellation is called Ophiuchus. Ophiuchus is named by his relationship to the archetypal being called the Serpent. This is the same Serpent that appears in the Garden of Eden story in the bible and also the same Serpent as Quetzalcoatle and Rukulcan, as he is called in Middle America by the Aztecs and the Mayans."
To many people, the Serpent represents Kundalini...the Sacred energy of the Universe. This energy lives within us, and can be activated by aligning with the 7 Chakra centers in our bodies. A holder of this energy is certainly a powerful figure and worthy role-model to emulate.
Personally, I prefer to go way back to ancient, ancient times, and know Ophiuchus by its original title as The Snake Goddess. Have you studied Art History? If so, you know that the first Supernatural Being to be worshipped was The Goddess. Maybe you also recognize the picture below the map? This is an image of the Snake Goddess, found in ancient Crete. Before the Greeks took Crete by force and Apollo assumed the mantle of Supreme God in the lexicon, there was Gaiai- Ancient Mother/Provider/Protector.
Anyway, I write this because as a person born under the Ophiuchus sign, finding out about its existence has given me a place and a meaning that was always missing before. And there are many of you out there like me! Have you ever said to yourself, "I don't belong anywhere." Have you ever felt lost and out-of-sorts with the world? It's because your guide and protector has been hidden from you. I would always read my horoscope as Sagittarius; count planet Jupiter as my guide. Now I know that my planet is Uranus-- the planet of transformation and change.
Believe me, this has changed my outlook on life, and I feel much more "at home" in my personality. I do not feel lost or alone anymore. I have my place in the sky. And as Plato said, "As above, so below."
And here is the really cool part...synchronicity in action! One day last year, I was gassing up my car, and the total came to $20.12. Well---that was too auspicious to miss! 2012...oh goodness, this means something. So I went home and did some searching...And came across The Lost Book of Nostradamus, which has everything to do with Ophiuchus and the meaning of 2012!
* Ophiuchus, the thirteenth constellation in the night sky, is supposed to be associated with the end of time in the book. The Great Alignment will be when the sun rises with perfect center of the Galaxy as indicated by this constellation.
* Supposedly the constellation Sagittarius is pointing an arrow at the center of the Galaxy. An expert stated that at that great moment, the knowledge of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden will be revealed.
Perhaps that's why it had to be removed and/or hidden from the night sky mythology. We humans are not supposed to know of our Supernatural Origins, which has been lost to us since our "fall". And the key to that destiny appears to lie in this Lost Sign.
"Another important connection to Ophiuchus lies in the fact that the Winter Solstices, since 1937, have been in his area of the sky. Due to a 26,000 year cycle called the precession of the equinox, the spring equinox appears to move from one constellation to another. At this time, it is shifting from Pisces, the Fish to Aquarius, the Water Bearer. It is being suggested here that Ophiuchus, the Serpent Carrier, is the archetype of what we commonly call the New Age and that the time of Aquarius is still yet to come. The last Age of Ophiuchus was from about 4500 BC to 2500 BC. Now that the Serpent Holder has returned, we have the opportunity to "remember" and once again access ancient wisdom from that time and specifically wisdom related to "serpent energy."
I have many times felt that this time, we would have the 60's vibe without the negative side-effects. Do you feel it too?
The Age of Aquarius people! All of you from the Psychedelic Generation know this and remember. This is what we learned as kids! The dawning of the Age of Aquarius... And it is happening NOW...in OUR life-times. it is a great and wondrous time to be alive, despite all the horror. We must hold on to our star legacy and be a part of the Healing and Kundalini Rising.
"Every year between November 22, and December 25, the Sun passes through the constellation of Ophiuchus, from our perspective here on the Earth. Many of us recognize this as the "holiday Season". The Christmas holiday is, on one level, the celebration of the birth of Christ or Christ consciousness. This state of consciousness, also sometimes called galactic consciousness, is represented by the constellation of Ophiuchus, the Serpent Dancer, when achieved within a human body."
"In galactic astrology, the center of the Galaxy is analogous to the Higher Self or the Jungian Self. It is only by transcending the "wheel of twelve" and allowing energy to spiral, resonant with the number thirteen, that we as humans, access and maintain a conscious connection to our Higher Self."
It's no wonder that the 13th sign has been hidden from us. It is our connection to the Sacred in the sky. Our melding with The One, if you will. It is now Time to truly recognize our star connection and connection with all in the universe. Time also to recognize our connection with the greatest power of all...LOVE.
Please join me in claiming your heritage fellow Serpent Holders!!
DANCING THROUGH THE END OF TIME
Ophiuchus - The Thirteenth Constellation
by Raymond Mardyks
Nostradamus 'Lost Book'
TV Documentary ReviewBy Ted Twietmeyer
Queen Ophiuca has the following abilities and attacks:
- Super Armour: Queen Ophiuca cannot flinch.
- Snake Legion: Queen Ophiuca sends snakes down all 3 columns at different intervals. The snakes can be blocked or destroyed.
- Quick Serpent: Queen Ophiuca will dash down two adjacent columns. This attack cannot be blocked.
- Gorgon Eye: Queen Ophiuca fires a laser down her column, paralyzing the player if it connects.
Those of Ophiuchus..gotta have em!
LIST OF KEY WORDS DESCRIBING THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS
- Interpreter of dreams, vivid premonitions,
- Attracts good luck and fruitful blessings,
- Serpent holder, lofty ideals,
- A seeker of peace and harmony,
- Doctor of medicine or science, natural-pathic,
- Adds, increases, joins, or gathers together
- Poetical, inventive nature, expanding qualities,
- Seeks higher education and wisdom,
- Overseer, supervisor of work,
- Fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood,
- Longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man,
- Architect, builder, reaches for the stars, figuratively and literally,
- Tax assessor, or levys taxes,
- Astrological talents, intuitive,
- Large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young,
- The number twelve holds great significance,
- Foresight and good fortune to benefit from hard times,
- Has secret enemies in family or close associations,
- Many jealous of this subject,
- Notable father, apple of father's eye when young,
- High position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death
- Feelings of grandeur, wise, a genius mentality,
- Likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors, tartans and plaids in particular,
- Receives the favor of those in authority.
More by this Author
Chaldea...just the name sounds romantic! In many ways, we have lost the romantic, the spectacular and the sublime from our daily lives. I seek to re-kindle that fire.