How to be Baptized with water.
How do we baptise with water and what happens then?
If you want to be baptised, you must come to God of your own free will, convinced by the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience
Faith is following Jesus and not the teaching of man, denomination or of any church.
The candidate must understand or be taught in what the act of baptism is all about. You must understand that no infant qualifies for baptism because they do not know the process of repentance or to become reborn.
The candidate to be baptised must be dressed in baptismal-robes provided by their local church.
If not supplied most people (ladies) wear swimming clothes covered with t-shirt and pants, men shorts and T-shirts. It must be appropriate not to cause embarrassment to others by being too revealing.
Also remember to bring dry clothes.
The person that baptises (Pastor or reborn, Spirit filled person or cell leader) will go into the water first (baptismal pool, swimming pool, river, est. with lots of water) and the persons that want to be baptised will follow him into the water.
Here are some suggested guidelines that the Pastor should use to baptise you.
- The Pastor should ask you, to go on your knees, say out loud that you comit yourself to the death and life of Christ, then lie back in the baptiser’s left arm, holding onto the right wrist with both hands.
- He will hold your nose closed with his right hand, submerge first your body and then your head into and under the water and then lift you up again,
Most people are afraid that they will drown or that they will inhale water, but after thousands of baptisms, it has proven to be the best and safest way.
You will not be harmed.
What you are doing is spiritual, and God is in control. When you are being baptised it will probably be affirmed with words like this: “Upon your own confession of faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and in obedience to His commands I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit”
The baptism must be done in public.
John 3:23: And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
Some baptise in a motion of three times. First - in the name of the Father; then - in the name of the Son; in the name of the Holy Spirit: Whether once or three times does not matter.
The baptism must be done in public with witnesses.
There is but one manner of baptism, complete emersion under water and in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
You should be issued with a baptismal certificate.
Matthew 28:19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Baptized in a bath!
In some believer’s cases, just after they have been baptised with water, they are also baptised with the Holy Spirit and start to speak in tongues. In many cases, as they come out of the water, they overflow with tongues and have an uncontainable joy.
They bless and glorify God’s name with boldness. Some even starts to prophesy. There are also people that have been baptised and immediately start seeing visions and hear the voice of God. Some baptisms seem uneventful but are no less powerful in the eyes of God.
Acts 2:38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Yeshua (Jesus) Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Sometimes these manifestations take place because the believer was unfaithful or unbelief blocked their spiritual growth. After they become obedient to God’s word, and move into obedience, to be baptised, God opens up the heavenly Gifts as a blessing for their obedience. God is a rewarder of those who seeks Him.
What will happen to me if I am not baptised, will I go to hell?
This is the most common question asked about Baptism!
Luke 7:30: But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
I am not God to judge you! His grace is sufficient for you.
In some cases I will say “yes” you will still go to heaven, there are circumstances where you can’t be baptised.
Example: the man on the cross next to Christ, he could not be baptised; yet he went to heaven.
If you know the truth and you reject it willingly and consciously; I would say you could miss eternity.
Choose today between life and death. Why gamble with your eternal life?
These steps will save your life from doom.
- Step one: Repent / Salvation .
- Step two: Water Baptism.
- Step three: Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Fire).
What do all these big words mean to me!
- Repentance / Salvation: You turn away from sin. You are spiritually born into God’s Kingdom. You are washed clean, with the Blood of Yeshua (Jesus), from all sin. You are going to heaven.
- Water Baptism:This is absolutely necessary to step into the new life in Christ (The old man with all his sinful nature dies and is buried and the new man rises in Jesus Christ, you become a new creature). The old man dies and the new man rises.
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit: This is absolutely necessary to step into the Divine Nature of Christ, and this will open up the spiritual world for you. (It will equip you with power to run the race and to overcome the enemy’s power and to rule over all things in Yeshua (Jesus) and like Adam was meant to do). You need the Power of the Holy Spirit to keep you from sinning again and backsliding to death and hell. The Holy Spirit will teach you, guide you and convict you of your sins. You will start to speak in different tongues, you will be able to prophesy and dream dreams and see visions as you tap in to God’s Holy Spirit power.
- True Repentance & Salvation.
Without repentance you are like a ship that is sinking fast! Your sin is dragging you under and you don’t even know it! Salvation come trough Jesus.
- Way to Salvation by three simple steps.
As soon as reach adolescence your life journey heads for hell, all man is born into sin and mankind’s nature is sinful. You can choose between life and death!
- Baptism in and with the Holy Spirit
I gave my heart to Jesus in 1991 after the death of Andre. As I grow in God, the Holy Spirit started to show me the Way, God wants me to go ...
Were you baptized in water, submerged?See results without voting
More by this Author
Have you ever heard the term - "Shekinah glory" As God created man, the Spirit of God found a resting place and settled on man, Adam and Eve. The "Shekinah glory" protected them from all harm and it...
Have you ever felt that sometimes when you pray; it feels as though your prayer is not heard? Have you ever felt that it does not help to pray because you are praying against the ceiling?
Building your own Strawberry farm with Recycle plastic bottles. I decided on strawberry farm because I love their versatility. You don't have to be a professional to complete this project.