Three Great Things To Accomplish In Life
Three Great Things To Accomplish In Life
“He has showed you. O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you ?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
There are three most important things to do if you want to please God in your spiritual walk. And that is to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God,
What are the ways you can act justly ?
The following are some of the ways you can act justly :
- By giving payment that is due to your servant girls or boys. If you are an employer, you must give the proper wages to your workers. You must never underpay them.
- If you are an employee , you must give the proper service to your employer. You
must be willing to do your best for your work. You must not spend the working hours for your own pleasure.
- You must not oppress your lowly neighbors and you must not take advantage of
their weaknesses .
- You must not treat your neighbors unfairly.
- Give what is due to your co-heirs with your properties.
- You must pay all your debts and you should not overprice when selling items.
- Honor the laws of your country and abide by it. Do not take the law into your hands.
As Christians we must love justice to reign our country and justice start with us. A true believer in Christ lives justly and loves justice. By living justly, we shine well in our Christian testimonies. Living justly is one of the outsanding marks of Christianity.
Secondly, loving mercy should be a distinguishing mark of every believer in Christ.
What are the ways we can show that we love mercy ?
- By being merciful to the people who offended us by forgiving them.
- By being merciful to our brothers and fellowmen by not being judgemental and
critical about their weaknesses.
- By being considerate to the weaknesses of our brothers and fellowmen.
-. By showing mercy to the poor by helping them with their needs.
- By showing mercy to our aging parents by providing for them in their old age.
Being merciful is a great virtue for it is the epitome of Christlikeness. You cannot become true Christian without being merciful. For being merciful is a reflection of God’s mercy in a believer’s life. As it is writtem ; “ He who is given much, much is required from him.” Experiencing God’s mercy will make a true Christian merciful in dealing with his fellowmen and fellow believers..
Thirdly , walking humbly is a true Christian virtue that is very evident in the life of every true follower of Christ. A true Christian is a humbled person for he has experienced God’s humbling process. He experienced being humbled upon realizing his sinfulness and depravity. A true believer is never proud and self-sufficient. What are the ways we can show humility ?
- By having proper juddgement of ourselves. By not thinking of ourselves more highly or better than others. By considering other people better than ourselves. Spiritual pride is the common sin of many spiritual leaders. Many Christian leaders think highly of themselves when it comes to spiritual matters. There is one church leader in the Philippines who call himself “Father of Apostolic Revival “ and he considers himself as the most holy and righteous among the church leaders of the world. He called himself an apostle who according to himself has the mandate to bring the body of Christ into perfection. Upon listening to his radio programs several times, I have heard how he exalted himself highly as above any other church leaders here in the Philippines. He is somewhat critical and judgemental of other’s imperfections. He considers himself and his church as the most righteous believers in the whole world. According to him, all churches must come under his revival ministries in order to experience perfection and revival.
This is a perfect example of spiritual pride and not walking humbly in the eyes of God. You can never separate humility from true spirituality.. We must be careful of spiritual pride , sometimes unaware we become guilty of it by thinking of our spiritual standing much better than others. There is always a tendency in us to think of ourselves better than the other person.
- We also walk humbly by completely surrendering ourselves to God’s purpose and will for our lives.
- By being content with everything the Lord provided for us whether plenty or little.
- By submitting completely to God’s design and plan for our lives no matter how
inconvenient it may be.
- By being silent to criticisms against us.
Contentment, meekness and submission are some of the best ways to walk humbly with our God. To act justly. To love mercy, and to walk humbly are the three greatest things to accomplish in life in order to honor God highly in our lives.. In accomplishing these things , we are indeed pursuing true righteousness, godliness and glory in living.
More by this Author
JESUS IS ALIVE: A LIVING TESTIMONY OF DANNY VELASCO On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together,...
FRUITS OF THR HOLY SPIRIT : NINE GREAT VIRTUES OF CHRIST But the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no...
Six Characteristics of the Christlike Mind ALIVE "The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:6 Christ mind is completely possessed by the Holy Spirit, that's why there is no room...