Trust the living God!
Much of life is placed beyond our control and from the moment of our birth we have no option - but to trust. The reason to trust depends on circumstances, but it is God that gives life.
From the moment of birth when our umbilicle cord was removed, from that moment on, we had to learn to trust.
You do not have a choice in that, as your existence was not by your will or own choice, but God’s. Our lives started as a miracle and life in itself is a miracle enfolding each day.
It is almost impossible to be alive, but subconsciously we believe for our next breath, next heartbeat. We trust God for our life, without knowing it.
It is time to start conciously and willingly trusting in God!
God is the only One that we can really trust because, God is our Creator and source of life. He is absolute and steadfast in everything and His name is set above His word the Bible.
We are in a Living in a world that teaches us to trust in ourselves, in our own abilitiy and creativity.Each ability or creativeness comes from God who has given to each of us according to His wisdom and grace.
Living in this world, it is natural that we would revert to doing things our own way and to rely on our own ability, strength, wisdom, resources and opinion and understandings. Trusting God is not natural but spiritual.
God wants us to trust Him and only Him.
This is an area where Christians struggle because we are taught from childhood to trust in ourselves. It is most difficult to trust in something or somebody that we haven’t seen, especially when we are faced with life-threatening situations.
Does this mean that we can just sit back and do nothing, thinking that God will just take care of us?
This is not what trusting is! The answer to this is no!
We must do the possible and leave the impossible to God. We can trust God of our own free will or we will find ourselves forced by circumstances into calling out to God for help.
God will use situations to bring us to a place where we can trust in Him and He never fails. This is where our faith and our trust come in! The secret is to develop lifestyle of trust’, an on-going way of life, so that when circumstances demand trust, it will come naturally.
We must begin the process of asking God to meet our needs (praying). It is time to pray and to trust God for an outcome.
As you plan and make your goals for the future, begin to ask God and trust Him to come through for you.
I have discovered that trusting God is rewarding.
It involves doing what is possible, or what is in your power to do and then leaving the rest to Him. When we try doing the impossible it often turns out in disaster and can even destroy us.
Mark 11:24: That is why I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.
James 4:2: ……You do not have, because you do not ask!
- Expect to be surprised by God.
- Expect answers from God.
- Believe that God has got good things in store for you, no matter how things may look like around you.
Psalm 22:4-5: In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed (ashamed).
- Believe in God that He can do all things.
- Expect that He will open doors for you!
- Expect the unexpected!
- Trust God and set an example in the process.
God may not come through for us in the way we may have hoped for but He will always come through for us!
When it comes to trusting God we really have no alternative. We were designed to trust God.
Psalm 22:9-10: Yet You brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast upon You (I was thrust upon You at my birth); from my mother’s womb You have been my God.
- When we rely on others we will only be disappointed.
- When we rely on ourselves, we will let ourselves down.
- When we trust in things like finances or education, we have no guarantees.
- But in Him, we have trust.
Why do I emphasise on Trusting God?
Do you feel that you do not have strength or that you do not have what it takes to please God?
If you feel weak, sick, tired and afraid you are at the right place to turn to God.
Let this be an opportunity to trust God.
What does it mean to be weak?
- Do you feel physically incapable of living the word or pleasing God? It’s OK to have a bad day.
- Do you feel exhausted just by thinking of everything you have to do and changing your life? It’s OK to be tired.
- Do you feel feeble and the future daunting? Are you unsure and afraid? It’s OK to share that you are scared.
- Do you feel discouraged, despairing, depressed or hopeless? It’s OK to admit your mistakes when you feel like you are going around the same bush again and again.
- Do you feel that sin and this wicked world has the upper hand? It’s OK to confess your addiction. It’s OK to share you’re scared. It’s OK to doubt, to be confused, to cry.
You are not alone, because many of God’s children are feeling the same. Especially when you are in this spiritual desert, know that you can trust God!
He is the answer.
We have to trust and keep on trusting God daily because we cannot make this journey on without Him.
God’s Love will cast out the fear of lour family and friends not being saved.
God sees you for what you can be, not for what you appear to be now.
Yeshua called Peter a rock when the fisherman was still acting on impulse, also read (Matthew 16:18), and God called Gideon a mighty man of courage when he was hiding from the enemy among piles of grain. (Judges 6:11-12) God calls us to encourage and affirm each other (1 Thessalonians 5:11), seeing those around us in terms of their purpose and mission in life.
You are stronger than you think you are!
2 Corinthians 12:9: And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
Joel 3:10: …….Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’
- Trust is something that God has placed inside of us.
- You and I have been given the ability to trust God.
- It is a resident ability to trust God.
- Just practise it everyday.
- Eventually trusting God will become you reality.
Romans 12:3: For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
- Faith is primarily our ability to trust God.
- God has placed within you the ability to trust Him and to believe Him in every situation and circumstance.
Trust in Yeshua (Jesus) the Solid Rock!
Psalm 18:31-34: For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength; He has made my way safe. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, leading me safely along the mountain heights. He prepares me for battle; He strengthens me to draw a bow of bronze.
Let’s place our trust and confidence in Him, right now, today and for each day ahead of us!
What hubs to read next!
- Healing of a sick newborn baby with prayer.
Faith is an action most Christians struggle with. They pray for healing and only upon receiving it do they thank God. So they wait to see the fruit first.
- Come down to the Potters house!
The Lord God is the Master Potter and you are his clay!
- What hindrances or blockages are there in your prayer life?
Have you ever felt that sometimes when you pray; it feels as though your prayer is not heard? Have you ever felt that it does not help to pray because you are praying against the ceiling?
Do you Trust God?See results without voting
More by this Author
Because of religion and a lack of knowledge, many strange altars have been built in the house of God. It is time to repair God's true altar.
It is of the utmost importance to understand the Blood covenant between God and man. Satan also use the same rules to bind us.
Building your own Strawberry farm with Recycle plastic bottles. I decided on strawberry farm because I love their versatility. You don't have to be a professional to complete this project.