Things to Know About the Holy Spirit
Here are things every Christian should know about the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is a Person. Do not refer to the Holy Spirit as an "It."
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.
- The Holy Spirit is the power, the anointing that destroys the yoke.
- The Holy Spirit has a personality.
- The Holy Spirit points us to Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit was sent by Jesus after His ascension.
- The Holy Spirit has other names: Holy Ghost, Paraclete or just Spirit. The S in Holy Spirit is always capitalized. The s in our spirit is not capitalized.
- The Holy Spirit teaches.
- The Holy Spirit guides.
- The Holy Spirit makes intercessions for us in prayer.
- The Holy Spirit is the power by which Christians are brought to faith.
- All believers receive the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
- There is only one indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- There are many fillings of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit works in relationship with God and Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit will never go against the Word of God.
- The Holy Spirit's chief function is to illuminate the teachings of Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit brings back to our remembrance what we have learned.
- The Holy Spirit reveals to Christians the deep things of God.
- The Holy Spirit clarifies the mysteries of Jesus.
- We should never grieve the Holy Spirit.
- Where the Holy Spirit is, there is liberty.
- The work of the Holy Spirit is in line with the work of the Father and the Son.
- The Holy Spirit keeps us from sinning.
- The Holy Spirit bears witness that we are children of God.
- It is only by the Holy Spirit that one can confess that Jesus is Lord.
- The anointing of the Holy Spirit gives us power to minister.
- The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament came ON people for them to perform certain acts.
- Today the Holy Spirit lives WITHIN the believer.
More by this Author
PSALM 91 is one of trust and confidence in God. Some people say Psalm 91 is the Christian’s Emergency Psalm for the Christians who trust God exclusively and dwell in the safety of God.
In Matthew 16:13-20, Jesus questioned His disciples about who people said He was. The disciples responded to the question about that public opinion. But when it came to the personal question, “And who do YOU say I...
Your life has patterns that are characteristics of the seasons. Just are there are four natural seasons, there are also four spiritual seasons. What season are you in right now?