Where In The Bible?
Where in the Bible does it talk about marriage? Where in the Bible does it talk about tattoos? Where in the Bible are the Ten Commandments? Have you ever heard these types of questions? They are strewn all across the Question and Answer sites online. However, there is no real need to wonder where to find any topic in the Bible despite the fact that the Bible has 66 books and 1189 chapters. There are sites online that you can check to help you find any text you need.
1. Biblegateway.com – This is one of the most popular online Bible websites. You can search the Bible using various Bible translations.
2. biblestudytools.com - Even Crosswalk.com uses biblestudytools.com's searchable Bible resource.
3. blueletterbible.org – This online Bible site has Strong’s Concordance numbers next to various words in the Bible so that you can click on the small numbers and see what the original Hebrew or Greek word was that was used in the text as well as all the possible meanings of the word.
4. bibleresources.org – Bud and Betty Miller co-founded this online Bible website that was originally housed at bible.com. Choose one of ten different translations including Hebrew and Greek.
5. bible.org – Search the Bible through this online Bible. You can not only use different Bible translations but you can view up to ten of them side by side all at once on the left while the corresponding Hebrew or Greek can be displayed on the right!
6. bible.cc – This great Bible website has fifteen parallel translations, side by side with parallel commentaries and cross references.
7. audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html – The Bible does not just say that it should be read and studied but that it should be heard. The expression “hear the word of the Lord” is given 24 times in the Bible. With this website you can not only search the Word but hear it as well, hence the name audio-bible.
For those without continuous access to the online web there are websites like onlinebible.net and e-sword.net which have freely downloadable Bibles with many capabilities for deeper Bible study. So the next time someone asks “Where in the Bible …?” when they are looking for Bible verses or quotes in the Bible you know where to direct them.
More by this Author
This is Part Two in the series “24 Characteristics Of Fools From The Wisest Man Solomon.” 12. Fools love mischief like a game Prov. 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of...
All of us from time to time encounter people who are hard to understand and hard to get along with. They behave foolishly. They talk foolishness. Are these things all in our heads or has it been this way since Bible...
Leave it to lazy people and nothing will ever get done. You may have heard the wise advice which says “Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today.” However, lazy people say “Why do today what you...