Wise Words from Dalai Lama – Spiritual Teacher
☆҉‿ I love the quotes of Dalai Lama and found out recently, that it’s not the name of a person, but a special title. Example: Pope’s have titles.
The current Dalai Lama (in the photo above and below) is the14th Dalai Lama. His name is Tenzin Gyatso – from Tibet. He is also referred to as “His Holiness.”
The name Dai Lama is a mixture of the Sino-Mongolian word dalai that means "Ocean" and aTibetan word bla-ma, that means "guru teacher" They are Spiritual leaders who enlighten others and I am always so amazed at the depth of Wisdom in Dai Lama Quotes.
A few more are below:
- "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others and if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."
- "I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warm heartedness we take for granted."
- "Affection is important because it counters anger, hatred and suspicion that can prevent our minds from functioning clearly."
- "One way to ensure everyone’s peace and happiness is to cultivate a healthy respect for the diversity of other people and cultures."
- "Peace in the world relies on individuals finding inner peace."
- (Also, read the Paradox above).
Dalai Lama 14th - Tenzin Gyatso
More by this Author
Words of Encouragement for a New Year.
A look at what can happen when we allow God into our lives.
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.