Decide What You Want to Get What You Want
Defining it Makes a Difference
For the Law of Attraction to work for you, you need to decide what you want to do, be and have. What goals do you wish to accomplish? What types of things would you like to own? What type of career do you want? You need to decide what it is you want and clearly define it. Just saying "I want a better job" or "I want to travel all over" isn't going to cut it. A better job could mean a higher paying job in a field you hate. Traveling all over could mean all over the city you live in. You are standing here. Look around you, you can clearly see what here looks like. Now close your eyes and see yourself over there. Over there where things are as you desire and life is exactly the way you want it. You need to describe what over there looks like. Decide and define your desires to reach your destiny.
But How Will I Get There?
All you have to do is realize where you are now and determine and define where it is you want to be. If you don't know, your subconscious will have absolutely no idea where to take you. You need to stop and think about all aspects of your life in detail. All of it, you don't want to leave any area unattended so to speak. To achieve a balanced life you will want to focus on what you want as far as a career, your financial situation, relationships, personal goals, health and fitness, free time and what your contribution to your community will be. Yes, you need to consider the greater good in all of this. Remember, you are a part of the greater good also.
And still you ask, "But how will I get there?" That is not your concern. All you need to figure out is point A (where you are now) and point B (where you want to be.) Once you have figured out the what, the how will be taken care of. You can leave that up to your subconscious mind and the Law of Attraction. Think of it just as you were using mapping software on your computer or GPS in your car or on your phone. You input where you are and where you want to go and then follow the directions you are given.
This process is very much the same. All you have to do is decide where you want to go by defining your vision, lock in that destination by affirmations and visualization, and then just start moving. Your inner GPS will keep revealing the route for you to take as you continue to move. And by moving, I mean don't sit on the couch and wait for a map to appear in the sky. You need to go about your day and put forth your best while staying focused on your goals. If you do that, the how will just appear.
Seven Areas to Define
The book, The Success Principles, by Jack Canfield, defines the seven areas of a balanced life. Here is an overview of those seven areas you need to define to create an effective vision of your life. It would be beneficial if you take some time to go somewhere quiet where you can relax. Clear your mind and start to think about these seven areas one by one. Once you have defined all of them you may want to write them down so that you remember the details.
- Financial - What is your annual income? Do you have savings? Investments? What is your total worth? What types of assets do you have? What does your home look like? Where do you live? What type of landscaping? Is there a pool in the back yard? A basketball net in the driveway? What type of car do you drive? How many cars do you have?
- Career - What is your ideal job or career? Do you work for a company or are you self employed? How many people do you work with? What hours do you work? Do you have customers? What kind of customers do you have?
- Relationships - Are you married? Do you have children? What is your relationship like with them? What about your family and friends? Do you live close to them? See them often? What types of things do you do with them? How is your relationships with them? How do they treat you?
- Physical and Mental Health - Are you healthy? How old do you live to be? Are you physically fit? Are you vital and strong? Are you happy all the time? Are you relaxed? Are you open with your feelings and emotions?
- Personal - What are your goals? Do you want to go back to school? Are you where you want to be spiritually? Do you meditate? Have you always wanted to learn to play an instrument? What are the personal goals you have for yourself and how will you obtain them?
- Free Time - What are your hobbies? How do you spend your time with family? With friends? Do you take vacations? What types of things do you do for fun? Gardening? Reading? Build model airplanes? Paint?
- Community - What type of community do you live in? Are you friendly with your neighbors? Are you part of the community watch? Do you volunteer for any charities?
Stay True to Your Vision
Once you have determined where it is you want to be you can start to affirm and visualize this regularly to begin your journey over there. Stay focused on your vision. Don't let anything get in your way and make you think that what you want is impossible. Don't worry about the economy, the war or any other outside factors affecting your ability to get there. Just trust that you will get there.
It's a good idea to share your vision with those you love and trust. In doing so you are reinforcing your subconscious belief that what you want is attainable. Also, if they love and care for you, they will most likely encourage you. Maybe they will have some bit of information that is necessary for your journey or maybe they will introduce you to people who will help you along the way. Be aware that there is the possibility that some people may not support you. They may tell you that you are dreaming an impossible dream and you will never make it happen. Don't listen to them. I wouldn't continue to spend time with them if that is how they would treat you, but if cutting them out of your life isn't an option, don't mention it to them again. There will be many people willing to support you and even want to help you. Stay focused and enjoy the journey over there.
© Anglfire693, 2009
HOTTEST GIFTS RIGHT NOW
More by this Author
Iron-deficiency anemia is the most common type of anemia. Women are more likely to have iron-deficiency anemia than men. It occurs when there is not enough blood in your body due to blood loss, poor diet or...
Throughout our lives, we have all heard the same thing hundreds of times, "You just have to think positive." Unfortunately, just thinking positive isn't going to bring home the trophy. I'm sure the optimist...
Christmas gift giving can be expensive and stressful. You can save money and reduce the stress of rushing around crowded stores looking for the perfect gift by giving these easy to make homemade gifts in a jar. There...