Discover the Real, Unique You, A Diamond With Outstanding Abilities
You Are a Diamond of Unique Abilites
Just think - you are the only one of its kind You are without an equal or equivalent. You are unparalleled! If knowing this isn't enough to get your motor revved up, I don't know what will.
Regardless of the kind of hand life deals to us, we can overcome obstacles of unimagenable proportion with the knowledge that we are not simply unique, but we are a diamond of uniqueness with abilities and strengths we never discover and never use in a lifetime.
You Are Enough
You are a unique creation. You Are A Diamond of Unique Abilites - oh, yes you are. We all are. "What does it mean to be unique you ask?" Let's start out by reading what Mr.Webster's definition of this word is. He simply defines unique as "being the only one." Amazing! There is only one of you and only one of me ( "Thank goodness", my friends and family all say.)
For the next few minutes, let's expand on the word unique. What are some of the ways we define our uniqueness? How do we use it - or do we? Can we as individuals change our own lives as we begin to recognize the power and magnificence of being unique?
Do You Consider Your Own Needs?
How Often Do You Treat Yourself To Something Fun Or SpecialSee results without voting
How To Discover Your Unique Abilities
A unique person is the opposite of average, dull, or boring, There is no one like you. You are one-of-a-kind. You are an original. You are absolutely unmatched. You are exclusive.
To be unique, you must be yourself and not someone's idea of what you should be. You can't be yourself if you don't like yourself.
"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."
Repeat the above quote three times. Each time you repeat the quote, feel stronger about the message. Really believe and feel your own uniqueness.
Liking yourself is the "power-tool" for discovering and then using your own unique abilities.
"But I don't have any unique abilities" you say." Ah, but you certainly do. Those abilities are there deep inside of you and waiting to be discovered. Don't try too hard to find these gifts. Shhhhhhhhhh...be quiet and listen. They will appear.
Here is an exercise I'd like you to try. Visualize a large diamond buried deep within a cave (you.). Diamonds are found in mines, craters and caves. In this case you are the mine or cave and a diamond is resting deep within you.
Unless you put forth effort and determination, along with a strong desire, your diamond will simply remain undiscovered and useless. You must put forth action.
Just like mining for diamonds, if you keep trying and digg deep enough you will begin to see a faint sparkle. Is that a diamond? Could it be?
You'll never know unless you dig deeper and deeper. Your abilities are like diamonds. Once you recognize that what you have is an ability, the next step is to dust it off and polish it over and over again.
As you continue to polish your diamond the sparkle will ignite and blaze brighter and brighter. It will become an obvious part of you and even others will see it. This is how you "let your light shine" and glorify the One who gave you these abilities.
You Have Endless Abilities and T..alents
What is most important to you?
What matters most to you in your life?See results without voting
Say Goodbye To Fear
I have always appreciated Emerson's quote about fear: "Fear is a cruel thief who comes in the night and robs us of success just when it's within our reach" How terribly true this is. And because it is, we must practice how to conquer fear.
If our lives are bound by fear, we cease to grow and become all that we could be. We are stuck in our "comfort zone" and never take risks. We dare not change and yet without change there is no growth.
Facing our fears takes courage. We have to be willing to let go of the familiar to be courageous. Expanding on our level of bravery creates greatness. Greatness and bravery will overcome fear.
Develop a high level of faith in yourself. This will be the foundation for overcoming fear.
Learn to identify your fears. The things that scare us as children may still be lurking somewhere. If you can identify those fears, you will find it easier to release them.
The biggest fear most of us have is the fear of the unknown.
Qualities (Tools) To Bring About Change
In order to find our abilities it helps to possess certain qualities. Think of these qualities as tools. Let's take a look at some of the most effective qualities - those that are strong thereby adding to our current belief system.
- Being positive. Are you a "half empty or half full" kind of person. If you see the glass as half full, you are sure to find more unique qualities within you. The potential within you is limitless andfor the most part, untapped.
- Believe in yourself. Your beliefs control everything you do. If you expect to fail, you most probably will, which is one important reason we need support from others. Believe in your mission in life. Believe that you can accomplish your goals Whatever abilities and talents you have will not be discovered and reach it's highest level unless you believe in yourself.
- Keep good company. Surround yourself with people you admire. Negative, critical people drain your energy and add a darkness to your life. Choose to spend time with those that see the potential in you and speak highly of you.
- Don't compare yourself with others. Instead, focus on your own talents and abilities and make the most of those. You may not have what they have, but neither do they have what you have. You don't need a bigger diamond - just keep polishing the one you have.
- Focus on your strengths not your weaknessess. If writing is your strength, then work on it continually. Study everything you can about writing. Never become complacent. We never stand still. We either move forward or we move backward. Fretting about your weaknesses will only prevent you from doing your best with the strengths you have.
- Use failure as a motivating force. Being determined is the best way to overcome failure. Failure is just a word. It is your thinking that labels it as "bad." Be resilient and able to bounce back regardless of how we feel. Learn how to profit from your losses.
Believe in Yourself
To Sum It All Up - Be Yourself
- Your choices will determine your individual results. Learn to say no when your plate is piled high and you're trying to meet deadlines. It isn't selfish to do this.
- When you do say yes, then live up to your promise. Make integrity your goal at all times. Be trustworthy and dependable.
- Never before have we been more bombarded with promises of everything from ageless beauty creams to products guaranteeing we will look like superman or superwoman. We are lied to, deceived, robbed and used. We believe, we buy and then we cry.
- Stand out in the crowd by being who you truly are. We are all wired a little bit different, but high values remain the same. Break free of daily bombardment and influences that leave you teetering on the edge.
- Find your "kind spot" and reach out to help others. This is the best part of you. This is the truest and most precious part of you. This is who you truly are.
- You are a diamond with unique abilities. Remember this every time you feel unworthy, unloved, alone, unappreciated and in emotional or physical pain.
- Somewhere at sometime someone needs you. Search for opportunities to give the best part of yourself to others.
- Love yourself. Do something kind for just you every day.
Life is the greatest gift that we receive, and the art of living is the greatest art.— don Miguel Ruiz
© 2012 Audrey Hunt
More by this Author
You can't be loyal to anyone or anything until you learn to be loyal to yourself first. Not easy to do so I wrote this to give you plenty of help. Your life will change and you'll find the true you.
The Holy Bible makes a precious and lasting gift. It keeps on giving as the recpient continues to read and study. Lives are changed everyday by reading The Bible.
I hate my voice! If you're one of the many people who feel this way, you've come to the right place because you're about to learn why you hate your voice and how to fix it.