Stump Parrish profile image 60

I refuse to prove that I exist, says God, for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.

But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It proves you exist, and so therefore, you don't," "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. This is quite profound. The basic axiom is indeed that proof denies faith, because faith is a belief that stands upon the strength of its own convictions. It's very easy to believe in something that can be proved. In a sense, doing so isn't true belief at all. Is that a good analysis of the exerpt from The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams?

AngusNz profile image60

AngusNz says

cam8510 profile image94

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

Stump Parrish profile image60

Stump Parrish says

Austinstar profile image77

Austinstar says

brotheryochanan profile image59

brotheryochanan says

Ken Crow profile image60

Ken Crow says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Maybe "enough said" for you, but not for thinking people. I challenge you---outside of what the Bible itself says (unverifiable at best), what empirical evidence has God given for his existence?

0

AKA Winston says

SheZoe profile image60

SheZoe says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

We believe the car will start because it has started every time before. This cannot be said of "God." You may believe that God saved you from a car wreck, but you cannot prove it. It may equally have been chance. See?

61

kinvigtheviking says

Kiss andTales profile image23

Kiss andTales says

nightwork4 profile image59

nightwork4 says

• Kiss andTales profile image

Kiss andTales 2 years ago

He did not interfere because he will undo all injustice done by satan and his wicked followers. He has allowed things to happen . But has the power to undo anything he wishes.

Shahid Bukhari profile image59

Shahid Bukhari says