Chuck profile image 86

What is the significance of sacred springs in Russia?

On my two most recent trips to Russia friends have taken me to visit local sacred springs. The two I have been to have been located in rural, wooded areas and each had a small Russian Orthodox church or chapel next to it. People swim or bathe in the spring and bring bottles to take water from the spring home. But I have been unable to discover what makes a spring sacred, the tradition behind sacred springs and the role, if any, they play in the Russian Orthodox religion. I do know that the springs are not like holy water in the Roman Catholic Church.

Izombiheartzoey profile image81

Izombiheartzoey says

60

lincolnanderson says

• ken1975 3 years ago

That's the first time I've heard the Divine mother being connected specifically to a spring. When I hear of the Divine Mother I often think of the mother of Jesus Christ or a perhaps the archetypal mother. Does the Divine Mother term refer to a speci

61

ken1975 says

• lincolnanderson 3 years ago

Places where Mother Mary has appeared become sacred. I've heard of Mary Magdalene refered to as Divine Mother too. I found a lot at www.thetruejesus.org and also much on ancient history, perhaps there's more there on Sacred Healing Waters.

celafoe profile image69

charlie (celafoe) says