cherriquinn profile image 79

Holy Communion or re-marry?

Would the Catholic church prefer living in sin after a divorce in order to receive Hoy Communion or re marry and denied this? Divorce is often the only resolution to marriages especially if the relationship has been violent yet the very Christians who need and want to receive Communion are denied this through the Catholic church if they find happiness in their lives and re-marry?

heavenbound5511 profile image79

heavenbound5511 says

cherriquinn profile image79

cherriquinn says

• cat on a soapbox profile image

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) 4 years ago

I see more and more how inflexible church doctrine is in its interptetation of scripture and the New Testament. It often does more damage than good for Christian faith.

Li Galo profile image86

Li Galo says

• cherriquinn profile image

cherriquinn 4 years ago

Li Galo. Thankyou for your comments. It seems to me as though the Catholic church has somehow along the line 'lost the plot'a little as it appears so far removed now from the true teachings of the Gospels. Thankyou

Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Jesus was a hippy says

• cherriquinn profile image

cherriquinn 4 years ago

Yes every faith has their own beliefs but how sad must it be if you've been raised and have followed particular teachings to suddenly feel abandoned by them. Thankyou for your comments.

itakins profile image78

itakins says

• cherriquinn profile image

cherriquinn 4 years ago

It is an awful situation for many I agree itakins.This is especially tough when people are searching for support at difficult times in their lives from their church yet feel they're being turned away.

cat on a soapbox profile image82

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• cherriquinn profile image

cherriquinn 4 years ago

cat on a soapbox

Nice to hear from you! I completely agree with your opinions although in this question I was not referring to myself but someone close to me who experienced this many years ago.At a time she needed the church most she felt it was pus