Rodric29 profile image 83

Why do people not understand that the Bible does not contain all of God's word?

Are people being purposely taught that the Bible is all containing of God's word. Do people not know the history of the Bible? The book is a collection of unrelated books put together by the catholic church--specifically the New Testament. Why do Protestants teach otherwise by saying that Revelations is the end of the Bible when the word bible means library?

MickeySr profile image89

MickeySr says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

Thanks for the answer, but I disagree and that is okay. You are free to believe that God breath the Bible. There was not Bible in the early days in the church but the Torah. The books in the NT were not assembled yet as they were being written.

brotheryochanan profile image62

brotheryochanan says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

Brotheryochanan thanks for answering. You are quick to say I am in error, but read my question comments. I said specifically the NT. Revelations is the end of the Bible because that was where the church of England left it for the KJV.

Elijah7 profile image61

Elijah7 says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

We disagree here, and that is okay. I do not believe God's words can be contained in one library and neither did John.

John 21:25 25

http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/21.25?lang=e...

We all believe what we want though.

Sheepsquatch profile image76

Sheepsquatch says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

Thank you for your answer. I have not problem with my faith and the Bible. I was converted to Christ by the Book of Mormon. I know I am a Christian. Historic Christianity is not my religion. I follow Christ not History. I look to God for answers.

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Dubuquedogtrainer says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

You are correct and I add my own witness that the Bible is the word of God. By unrelated I mean no one wrote the New Testament with the idea that I would exist as it does today. Most of the NT is letters to the different congregations.

flpalermo profile image25

flpalermo says

• Rodric29 profile image

Rodric Johnson (Rodric29) 4 years ago

I am Mormon and thanks for answering Flpalermo. I don't have enough room here to write the history of the Bible, but your citation only men that the OT was added to with the NT. Revelations was not the last book written either, just put last.

MrMaranatha profile image86

MrMaranatha says

• Jon McPhetres profile image

Jon McPhetres 3 years ago

Technically the canon wasnt closed until the 1600's but people just built other collections of books or added them to the end of the bible anyways. (This is what we call 'apocrypha') Also, pictures were included until the King James Version.