no body profile image 90

I believe we are responsible to confess sin in our thoughts. Must we confess when we sin in dreams?

I am literal Biblicist. If we are responsible for EVERY thought, do we confess actions and thoughts we have in dreams as sin? Dreams are reflective of our conscious thought. If I thought it and remember it, and feel convicted about it, must I confess it as sin?

ii3rittles profile image85

ii3rittles says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

I have gotten the strangest looks when I have said I feel this way. People seem to think that dreams are free time with the mind but how can it be if every thought is accountable? Thank you for a bit of encouragement.

Barbara Kay profile image85

Barbara Kay Badder (Barbara Kay) says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

I've always believed dreams are thought processes working themselves out. They are in situations that you think you are acting rationally. Sometimes you don't act rationally, why? I don't know. But if I am convicted by God and feel bad, I confess it.

Judah's Daughter profile image89

Judah's Daughter says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

I usually don't remember my dreams. I usually pray for any people I remember dreaming about. I confess any bad actions I have done saying that if my mind was right I would never have considered doing such a thing. Maybe I'm wrong to feel that way.

ComfortB profile image86

Comfort Babatola (ComfortB) says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

I totally agree. Our minds are capable of such evil. I have very few "bad" dreams anymore but I consider how I behaved in the "story." It disturbs me how at times I don't even think to pray or I don't think of God. Probably silly to think like that.

graceomalley profile image85

graceomalley says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

This is exactly what I felt. Dreams are the what-nots of thought filing themselves away. But the idea of thought sin and I knowing somewhere my mind justified the thought long enough to act it out. I never had a weekness manifest as a dream though.

iamageniuster profile image78

iamageniuster says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

Bible does teach we are responsible for thoughts and that we are supposed to bring "every thought into obedience of Christ." But I cannot rationalize in sleep as I do when I am awake. Thought is the birthplace of sin. The mind (heart) conceives it.

stanwshura profile image67

stanwshura says

• no body profile image

Robert E Smith (no body) 4 years ago

I honestly hope you are right. Not that my sin isn't already forgiven. I just hate the thought of it. I can't wait until I'm in heaven and I don't sin anymore. I can see why it could be God making me see what would happen should I do a sin like that.