Izombiheartzoey profile image 81

If religion is the only way to be good, why are the religious over represented in prison?

Cristale profile image88

Cristale says

• Matthew Weese profile image

Matthew Weese 4 years ago

That is a not true statement at all. there are programs if an inmate chooses to get involved. There are jobs that offer a little bit of pay to the inmates commissary account. There are Library's where a inmate can read/study.

Civil War Bob profile image59

Civil War Bob says

cat on a soapbox profile image83

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• Matthew Weese profile image

Matthew Weese 4 years ago

Some people don't want to meet God, I don't believe everyone if they make it into heaven will get to meet God, if these fairy tales even exist. it is my understandin that there are seven levels of Heaven, and seven levels of Hell.

A Thousand Words profile image80

A Thousand Words says

• Izombiheartzoey profile image

Izombiheartzoey 4 years ago

Unless you factor in the non-religious. When I say "over represented" I mean over Representative in relation to the total population of an area not just the religious. The non-religious are Hugely under represented in prison.

Matthew Weese profile image41

Matthew Weese says

• Matthew Weese profile image

Matthew Weese 4 years ago

I been locked up and i did not give a flying fuxk about religion, however while in solitary confinement I did get closer with a very spiritual way of thinking. The bibles thin pages offer great rolling papers.

daskittlez69 profile image78

daskittlez69 says

• Izombiheartzoey profile image

Izombiheartzoey 4 years ago

I think you missed the point I was making with the word "if". If religion is a way to be good, then why is such and such the case. I was not implying that it was the only way to be good.

0

CJ Sledgehammer says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 4 years ago

Don't you just hate those, " God, get me out of this one" prayers?

BobMonger profile image60

BobMonger says

• CJ Sledgehammer 4 years ago

Of all the men I met while serving in a prison ministry program, only 2 out of 30 admitted doing their crime. Now either our criminal justice system is fraudulent and incompetent or the convicts themselves are not being honest with themselves or God.