Rhonda D Johnson profile image 77

Did ancient Jews believe in the Resurrection?

In the Christian New Testament, Mary tells Jesus she knows she will see her dead brother again at the Resurrection. I don't know where she got the concept of the Resurrection. In the Old Testament of the Christian Bible I find no clear doctrine of a general Resurrection, just a few passages that can be interpreted as such if you read the NT first then apply conjecture. But I realize there are other Jewish scriptures—the Talmud, the Torah—from which Mary could have gotten that doctrine. Could have but did she?

Best Answer Rod Martin Jr (lone77star) says

• Deborah Sexton 3 years ago

The Kabbalah or Ancient Mysticism has been around since the Garden of Eden and first revealed to Abraham

Disappearinghead profile image89

Disappearinghead says

• Rhonda D Johnson profile image

Rhonda D Johnson 4 years ago

As I said above, if you read the NT first, there are verses in the OT that with conjecture can be interpreted as resurrectional. Still, I find no clear doctrine.

Rhonda D Johnson profile image77

Rhonda D Johnson says

• Deborah Sexton 3 years ago

The Tanakh has not been changed since it was canonized in 450 BC

And it was compiled hundreds of years before it was canonized.......

The Hebrews do not just have copies

0

• Deborah Sexton 3 years ago

Iff you believe your New Testament than you know Jesus taught from the Old Testament. And we do know what the ancient Jews believed because they believe the same thing today. They were called Jews since Abraham found the One Almighty God

0

Deborah Sexton says