cam8510 profile image 94

Is sacrificial death a thing the biblical God chose to require or is it innate to His Character?

This question has to do with the sacrificial death for fogiveness of sins. Hebrew writings require animal sacrifices while Christian Scriptures require human sacrifice. I have pondered this question. If it was God's CHOICE, why did He choose that and not something else? Why require physical death and eternal damnation if something else would suffice? If it His CHARACTER, then God did not have a choice, which seems to be another conundrum. When you answer, please indicate which (if either) is your belief and why you believe it. Thanks for taking time to give your valuable input.

Mr Love Doctor profile image74

Best Answer Mr Love Doctor says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

I am interested in "the law of existence that just is." and "It's not that He can choose one way or the other." These answers deal directly with my question. Does this imply there is some "Eternal Concept" that determines God's actions?

xanzacow profile image83

Cynthia (xanzacow) says

cam8510 profile image94

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• tlmcgaa70 profile image

tlmcgaa70 4 years ago

perhaps both extends from and a requirement from. we were created by HIM. severed from HIm thru sin. wages of sin=death.death (sacrifice) atones for sin. atonement returns us to HIM. full circle. at least for those who accept. alwys free choice.

tlmcgaa70 profile image70

tlmcgaa70 says

0

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 4 years ago

Thank you JThomp42, I appreciate your thoughts. Do me a favor and re-read my question. I'd like some input on that too.