christicue profile image 78

Does Reason replace God or is it a gift from God? Can man possess Reason apart from God?

Define Reason. If you believe that Reason makes God unnecessary, then how do you explain how you acquired the ability to Reason and how can you be certain that you are, in fact, "reasonable." How do you explain Isaiah 55:8-9: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Where does that leave Reason when it is separate from faith?

• christicue profile image

Christi C. (christicue) 4 years ago

Eric, thank you for your response. To take it one step further, there is Godly wisdom that comes through special revelation and is "above" or contrary to human understanding and there is general revelation that all men receive as God's creation.

Sterling Mathis profile image61

Sterling Mathis says

• christicue profile image

Christi C. (christicue) 4 years ago

Thanks Sterling, that was my point. 1 Cor. 1:25 says, "The wisdom of God is foolishness to those who are perishing." This does not mean that God is foolish, but that man cannot perceive true wisdom apart from God because it is beyond him.

Paraglider profile image87

Dave McClure (Paraglider) says

Jonesy0311 profile image61

Jonesy0311 says

cjhunsinger profile image66

cjhunsinger says

Ceegen profile image84

James (Ceegen) says

Mazzy Bolero profile image92

Mazzy Bolero says