PlanksandNails profile image 91

Are you a Preterist, Historisist, or a Futurist?

**Preterist** - most of the prophecies being fulfilled in the past in the events surrounding the destruction of Jerusalem and the pagan Roman Empire. **Futurist** - sees most of the prophecies in Revelation - from chapter 4 onward - as applying to events yet future. **Historicist** sees the book of Revelation as largely predictive of actual events to occur throughout the history of Christianity from the time of John until the return of Jesus Christ. What is the defining reason that you hold to your position?

Disappearinghead profile image89

Disappearinghead says

searchinsany profile image83

Alexander Gibb (searchinsany) says

• Disappearinghead profile image

Disappearinghead 3 years ago

I think I have followed a similar path. I would describe myself as preterist after looking at this subject on and off for the last couple of years.

Dr. Haddox profile image75

Dr Freddie Haddox (Dr. Haddox) says

Tony L Smith profile image69

Tony L Smith says

• searchinsany profile image

Alexander Gibb (searchinsany) 3 years ago

I was taught Dispensationalism and held that view for over 30 years until I was alarmed and concerned by claims made by its leading proponents, I then began my own research and was shocked by my findings.

I since discovered the most unlikely teachi