Charlu profile image 82

Are church members more apt to tithe or give larger offerings if they know where the money is going?

Do you think church members are more apt to tithe more money or guests give larger offerings if they know where the money is being spent, and should members have an input as to where that money goes in reference to charities, assisting others, etc.?

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92

Wesman Todd Shaw says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I think that's the way it should be and can't help wonder why someone would say it's not anybodies business. I think that just sends up all kinds of red flags :) Your right to offer the complete transparency. Thanks

Attikos profile image79

Attikos says

christinekv profile image77

christinekv says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

Great answer, especially when you see so many new churches wanting to get really big, really quick.

paxwill profile image83

paxwill says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

You hit the nail on the head and the reasoning behind this question. I was reading about a huge religious organization that donated to a specific worthy charity which turned out be .015%. I realize the enormous cost of operations but .015% really?

safiq ali patel profile image70

safiq ali patel says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 4 years ago

I agree and think that if there is nothing being spent other than money to support the church or those in need then why wouldn't someone want it known. hmmmmm