MarleneB profile image 95

Do you like it when worship leaders take a secular song and make it into a worship song?

When a worship leader takes a secular song and changes the lyrics to make it a worship song, do you like it or do you feel it is sacrilegious?

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95

Wesman Todd Shaw says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 3 years ago

That's a fun story. I guess it is all about the world we live in. But, I'm with you. When I was a worship leader I didn't think it was a problem, but I was asked politely not to do it.

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 3 years ago

You said it and I agree. The key is to note whether the song elevates our spirits and not our minds.

X-Con profile image85

X-Con says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 3 years ago

I like that! Yes. We need to remember to strive for a higher level. I think God loves it when we worship him no matter what the melody is.

Michael-Milec profile image61

Michael-Milec says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 3 years ago

AMEN! "Worship isn't about our feelings it's about honoring YHWH." (Translation for some readers, YHWH = God.)

0

Rayne123 says

• manatita44 profile image

manatita44 3 years ago

No need for this, Rayne 123.. Without a leader or co-ordinator in your employment, the whole thing would fall to pieces. God appoint leaders, too.