73

Did you know that there is nothing in the 10 Commandments that state "you shall love God".?

The only mention of loving God with all your heart is mentiond in Deuteromony 6: 5 which is mentioned within His Covenant.

PlanksandNails profile image89

Best Answer Pn'N (PlanksandNails) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

PandN- I was just making a point that many teach that Loving God is the first of the 10 Commandments. They fail to mention that loving God is a requirment under the Covenant, which is a Law. Many thanks.

Bibowen profile image88

Bibowen says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Bibowen- You are 100% correct and I 100% agree Thank you so much for your answer. Many blessing.

ExpectGreatThings profile image89

ExpectGreatThings says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Jesus was quoting Deuteromony 6: 5. Read it carefully and you'll see what I mean. And yes, it is law. Thank you.

whonunuwho profile image84

whonunuwho says

Levertis Steele profile image82

Levertis Steele says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Leverstis Steele- Please read Deuteromony 6: 4-5. There you will find in the bible that it is a command to love God. However it is not one of the 10 Commandments. Clearly we should all love God with all our hearts. Many thanks and blessing.

lesliebyars profile image76

lesliebyars says

samsons1 profile image75

Sam (samsons1) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

samsons1- So there is no misunderstanding, I am not saying, suggesting or implying that we should not love God. I am only stating that it is not one of the 10 Commandments as many churches teach or imply that it is. I agree with you. Thank you

HD Markham profile image84

Harold Markham (HD Markham) says

ReneeDC1979 profile image79

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

C.V.Rajan profile image67

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Deuteromony 6: 5-6 States: 5 You Shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,with all your soul, and with all your strenght. 6 And these words which I command you today will be in your heart.

So it is a command to love God. Thank you C.V.Rayan

Emmanuel Marosi profile image74

Emmanue Marosi (Emmanuel Marosi) says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 3 years ago

I would have to say if you are obeying the old testament commandments you are saying Jesus died for naught and making yourself subject to the old testament consequences if you break one. Jesus replaced them with two plus grace and mercy

• graceinus 3 years ago

Eric- Jesus said in Matt 22: 27-28: 27 You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 28 This is the first and geart commandment. Note that Jesus quoted Deuteromony 6:5. Please read it. Thanks Eric.

celafoe profile image69

charlie (celafoe) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

cellafoe- In Matt 22:37 Jesus was quoting Deuteromony 6:5. Please look it up yourself. Mark 12:29-30 is also Jesus quoting Deuteromony 6: 5. These are Laws/Commandments. Thank you

SPIRIT n TRUTH profile image63

SPIRIT n TRUTH says

vagabond mystic profile image55

Tim Sutterby (vagabond mystic) says

humanitiesmentor profile image60

humanitiesmentor says

• graceinus 3 years ago

If you will note "love God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your stenght" is Deuteromony 6: 5 as I have mentioned. But still it is not one of the 10 Commandments. Thanks so much for your answer.

0

Rayne123 says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Rayne123- I should have made it clear from the very start of the question that I am in no way implying or suggesting that one shouldn't not love God. It is most important that we do. I pray that we all will. God bless