72

Which do you rely on most for christian study, the Bible or other christian literature?

I rely solely on the bible for my study. In my opinion much of the christian literature tend to be unreliable and to lean towards set doctrines that can be wrong. So which do you rely on most?

PlanksandNails profile image89

Best Answer Pn'N (PlanksandNails) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

PandN- Great answer. Understanding the context of God's word is of the utmost imprtance. That can only through the study of god's word and revelation through the Holy Spirit. Again many thanks.

SidKemp profile image96

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

Ronald Bachner profile image84

Ronald Bachner says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Ronald Bachner- I like your answer. Thank you.

• graceinus 3 years ago

Eric - as always thank you. My concern are for those who are new in their study of the bible. They are the one who fall too easy into the traps of some christian literture that later turn out to be cults. Again Thanks

Alexander Mark profile image89

Alexander Silvius (Alexander Mark) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Alexander- Thank you. I'm glad to hear you don't take teaching from others on blind faith. However there are many who do. Those who are new in the study of God's word fall far to easy to false doctrine and churches. Many thanks for your answer.

• graceinus 3 years ago

peachpurple- It's my hope you will lean towards reading the bible to get a much greater understanding and closer better relationship with God and our lord Jesus Christ. Thatnks for your answer

celafoe profile image68

charlie (celafoe) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

celafoe- I know exactly what you mean. And agree. Many thanks for your answer

lesliebyars profile image75

lesliebyars says

• graceinus 3 years ago

lesliebyars- many thanks for your answer

• graceinus 3 years ago

lburmaster- The bible is my main source of christian study. What (very) little christian literature I might read is alway checked through srcipture. Many thanks for your answer.

Jackie Lynnley profile image75

Jackie Lynnley says

• BlossomSB profile image

Bronwen Scott-Branagan (BlossomSB) 3 years ago

Jackie, I do so agree. You have explained so well the need for study books to help us with the Bible. Wise writers who know so much more can teach us a lot about the meanings of words and the background, and, of course, we use our own brains as well.

agapsikap profile image57

agapsikap says

• graceinus 3 years ago

agapsikap- Thank you for your answer.

SamuelGMiller profile image61

Samuel G. Miller (SamuelGMiller) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

SamuelGMiller- I'm very glad you read the bible as much as you do. The people you mentioned are not known to me so I am not aware of the work. Thanks for your answer.

• graceinus 3 years ago

lone77star- whatever few christian literature I might read is always cheched with scripture. I don't assume any christian literature is correct. And I avoid literature that forces doctrine on others. I stick with subject covered in the bible. Thanks.