Ericdierker profile image 80

Can a "real" Christian interpret the Bible without condemnation.

I study and preach and learn about the Bible every single day. I have been involved with church in a lay minister or pastor position for over a decade. And I can seriously say that I can interpret the entire Bible, Catholic or Protestant, and find a loving interpretation to every verse. I can honestly say that I find nothing that tells me I should make decisions regarding damnation.

Disappearinghead profile image88

Best Answer Disappearinghead says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

I see horrible concepts portrayed, but I see them as true. But only as metaphors. Torment and annihilation are real but we cause it for ourselves. The depictions in the Bible are like a great big and loud horn steering us away from harm and toward lo

JimTxMiller profile image87

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Yes you are right I forgot the question mark at the end. But otherwise how could I possibly make it more of a question "can a real Christian interpret the bible without condemnation? "

WalterPoon profile image91

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Very funny thanks for the levity

Lady Guinevere profile image61

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Thank you, that was really nice, I know it sounds pop psychology but your comment let me feel validated.

59

KristinaHinkle says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

But you are not saying if have to read and decide for others are you? It would seem that for me I do not need to worry about it period. But does the Bible instruct me to worry about it for others?

celafoe profile image68

charlie (celafoe) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Celafoe, did I tell you about my youth parishioners using apps to check up on what I preach. It is totally cool. Boom, the pastors' sermon is checked against scripture real time. So in order to teach my Gospel of Love, I have to be right on with trut

taburkett profile image62

taburkett says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

And you have the heart of a warrior and a healer. I am proud you joined us here. Your sentiment so the appreciation our country should have of you.

73

graceinus says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

I get your point. And I get the point that we say "Living Bible". But it is just a thing. Jesus is the Word. That must be understood. Although divinely inspired the Book is of man. Can we know Jesus with out the book - yes. Can we know the book w/o J

lifetips123 profile image60

Praveen P.V. Nair (lifetips123) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Who is we? I can and do. So my question is where did you get the rule: "we cant interpret bible without condemnation"

0

Emily Sparks says

• Disappearinghead profile image

Disappearinghead 3 years ago

Emily you are just repeating a throw away line. Ditch the flawed KJV and look at a concordance. Count up the uses of heaven and Gehenna and you will see for yourself the truth. Gehena is not hell it is the Ben Hinnom valley.