72

Does having the ability to choose mean we have Free Will?

Many may argue that the bible does not state the exact words Free Will. And yet throughout the bible we read words such as choose, choices, chosen and so on. In the Garden of Eden man was commanded by God not to eat from the tree of knownledge of good and evil. And that violation would have results. Does this suggest or imply man had a choice, therefore having Free Will?

Best Answer Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) says

SidKemp profile image96

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

SidKemp- I do agree with your answer. I would also like to mention the following. All of the covenants God made with man would not have value if it where not for the fact He gave man freedom to choose (Free Will) in the first place. Many thanks.

Mitch Alan profile image84

Mitch Alan says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Mitch Alan-I think many would argue that because Free Will is not spell out in the bible it does not exist. I don't see a difference between Free Will and Free Coice except the wording. Thanks and God bless.

leilabarda profile image60

Rosa Lea Acerimo (leilabarda) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

leilabarda- Thank you very much for youranswer. Many blessing

0

• graceinus 3 years ago

JT- Many thanks for your answer. God Bless

0

Rayne123 says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Rayne123- I am delighted by your answer. I think it can be best said in this manner. Free Will is having the choice to decide to choose. Thank you.