73

Are there self imposed limits to what God will and will not do?

Are there limits that God has placed on Himself? And if so, does it or can it directly effect mankind? For example, does mans free will limit what God can and can not do, with God knowing He gave man free choice? Does this limit God? And are there other limits?

0

Best Answer JThomp42 says

• graceinus 3 years ago

JThomps42. Please read the comment I made with manatita44. God is bound by His word.The example I gave is just one of many. Many thanks for your answer.

• graceinus 3 years ago

manatita44- God is bound by His word. He said in Genesus that He would not destroy the world with a flood again. Therefore He has limited Himself to use other means. He placed this limit on Himself, because He is bound by His word. Thanks you.

SidKemp profile image96

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

SidKemp- we can also see how God Will reflects in the covanants He made with man. I thank you for your answer

connorj profile image79

John Connor (connorj) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

connorj- Thanks also for your answer. And yes , He can see the big picture, it's the benifit of being God. Thanks so much.

Kathleen Cochran profile image82

Kathleen Cochran says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Kathleen- Many thanks for your answer. Many blessing.

mdiggs1234 profile image80

Madame Penn (mdiggs1234) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

mdiggs1234- Thank you for your answer.

59

chevyssbowtie says

• graceinus 3 years ago

chevyssbowtie- Thank you very much for your answers. I verses you've quote clearly show some limits. But these limits on Him is due to our lack of faith. And having faith would remove these limits. Again thank you and God Bless

swb78 profile image60

Scott Biddulph (swb78) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

swb87- I am very greatful for your answer. It give one much to think about. And I agree with you. Thank you