IDONO profile image 81

Should a person feel guilty about feeling blessed, for not losing a loved one for any reason?

For every winner, there is a loser. For every loser, there is a winner. Why do some feel it is wrong to give God credit, but so easy to give God blame? Whatever one believes is their choice and should be respected. But that doesn't make the other one wrong, or ignorant, or insulting. Winners celebrate. Losers mourn. Isn't that simply how things work in life?

janshares profile image89

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

Thanks Janshares. My question isn't about feeling guilty for not losing someone. My question is feeling guilty or arrogant by believing you are blessed by God while others aren't. I don't believe God to be punishing, but understand why some do.

Renee Abbott profile image84

Renee Abbott says

Tusitala Tom profile image88

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

Lisa HW profile image83

Lisa HW says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I'm sorry if my choice of wording was misleading. You are right. Life is not a competition and that wasn't what I was trying to convey. I hope no one is offended. That certainly was not my intention. Thank you for giving me opportunity to clarify.

LoisRyan13903 profile image74

LoisRyan13903 says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I'd say that you know something about gratitude!

Grace-Wolf-30 profile image61

Grace-Wolf-30 says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

It's far different when speaking of people that "don't have" compared to those that had and then lost. There is a certain amount of guilt that sets in when people of much higher standing than myself, suffer losses ,while I don't. Why am I lucky?

stanwshura profile image66

stanwshura says

0

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

Thanks. I think you know where this question came from. By asking this one, I felt it would give me the chance to check my own thoughts without the argumentative environment. It's hard to be open-minded with people that aren't. Thank You, JT