72

Why would any christian church provide a Certificate of Baptism for a person baptized?

What is the purpose for any any christian denomination to provide a certificate of baptism? Is this suppose to show some kind of proof? Does true baptism require some kind of writen proof?

celafoe profile image69

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

• PlanksandNails profile image

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) 3 years ago

Certificates make a mockery of God by man recieving accolades by recieving a man-made certificate upon a man-made altar in a man-made building from a man-made salaried clergy member for a work that is solely done by Jesus Christ.

• graceinus 3 years ago

Eric-I greatly welcome your answer and thank you. I believe a person's water baptism is an important and private matter between a person baptized and God. Certificate of baptism from any church, to me, cheapens the value and purpose of the baptism.

jlpark profile image90

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

jlpark- I have to agree with you on this case that it is not a matter of accolade, but it is a matter of that church maintaining it's control. Thanks for your answer.

0

Motown2Chitown says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Motowo2Chitown- Your baptism is a step in your relationship with God. Your baptism should not to be used like some kind of membership card for a Church.