72

What is most important to you, being a member of a church or seek the Kingdom of God?

I find that most christians are happy with the idea of attending church service and learning the doctrine of their church. But is seeking the Kingdom of God important to you and does your church explain or teach on the Kingdom of God? Most of the parables Jesus used in His teaching was about or related to the Kingdom of God and yet so few , if any, churches teach on the subject of God's Kingdom.

celafoe profile image68

Best Answer charlie (celafoe) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

celafoe- Spot on and thank you.

• graceinus 3 years ago

lburmaster- Thank you for your answer. I am glad you have a relationship with God. I only wish to say that God has been and always will be a King. God bless.

Bibowen profile image90

Bibowen says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Bibowen- Now where in the bible does it say " we are commanded to seek the Kingdom of God AND go to church"? That's news to me.

jcressler profile image82

James E Cressler (jcressler) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

jcressler- I do hope that the Kingdom of God is foremost on the minds of those who attend your church. In many places that is not the case. And I hope they seek the Kingdom during their personal study of God's word. Thank you for your answer.

Ronald Bachner profile image84

Ronald Bachner says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Ronald- I am not and never will be a member of a man made church. At the same time it is my hope those who do attend "churches" will take the the time through personal study to seek the Kingdom of God. Because most "churches" do not. Many blessings.

BuffaloGal1960 profile image85

T. Clifton (BuffaloGal1960) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

BuffaloGao1960- If you are talking about the church within us then I agree with you. But I must be clear I do not believe in these man made churches that these people GO TO. Seeking the Kingdom is a vital part of our relationship with God. Thanks.

Attikos profile image78

Attikos says

• C.V.Rajan profile image

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) 3 years ago

Aha! You have a community of Christians here on earth "within you" and that's what you understood by reading the scripture with care and discernment?

• graceinus 3 years ago

Eric- I realize that love was/is an important aspect in Jesus ministery. I don't know the age group of the children you teach and study with, but I do hope that the Kingdom of God is in their studies too. Many thanks Eric for your answer.

Jay Max Juster profile image84

Jay M. Juster (Jay Max Juster) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Jay Max Juster-The Kingdom of God is revealed to those who seek after it. For those who begin to understand it, they know the meaning of the pearl of great value, the treasure hidden in a field and the seed planted on good ground. It's God's Kingdom.

SerenityHalo profile image91

Andrea Lawrence (SerenityHalo) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

SerenityHalo- The sooner man realizes the church that christ built is not any form of man made institutions, but that it is strictly spiritual, the sooner the seed of the Kingdom can be planted in one's heart and bear fruit. Thank you.

C.V.Rajan profile image67

Disillusioned (C.V.Rajan) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

C.V. Rajan-In the ministery of Jesus Chrict, His main focus was on the Kingdom of God. It is my hope that many churches out there will place their focus on God's Kingdom too. But many don't and I hope that will change. Thanks for your answer.

yankeeintexas profile image60

yankeeintexas says

• PlanksandNails profile image

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) 3 years ago

Jesus Christ built one Church. Many do not understand what that means. How can you go to "church," if you are the Church? Many have no idea what it means to obey the pure Gospel; that is what the only one Church does.

xavierdhs07 profile image59

DINESH XAVIER (xavierdhs07) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

xavierdhs07- I am glad to hear it and yes your right we should seek the Kingdom of God. Many Thanks

taburkett profile image60

taburkett says

• graceinus 3 years ago

taburkett-Thanks for your answer. But I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain?

0

• graceinus 3 years ago

JThomp42- I just saw your answer. Many thanks and God bless

Bizik Add profile image60

Ndibana Claudene (Bizik Add) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Bizik Add- Thanks so much for your answer. And I agree in part on what you said. I believe that personal study would reveal much more of the Kingdom of God than anything that would be found in attending "church." Thanks again.

0

christiananrkist says

• graceinus 3 years ago

christiananrkist- If you read what is refered to as the "Sermon on the Mount" which you'll find in Matthew Chapter 5,6,and 7, it is given by Jesus. This context or setting of this sermon is about the Kingdom of God. Churches don't teach this. Thanks.

0

Deepes Mind says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Deep Minds- Thanky you. I hope most people will note that the verse you just quoted in Matthew 6: 33 is part of the Sermon on the Mount which is about the Kingdom of God. Deep Minds thanks again.