72

Should christians serve in a military?

There are christians around the world serving in a military. Many do so because of obligation to their country. Even I, during my much younger years, served in the U.S. Army. During that time I concidered myself a christian. However, I also stumbled a few times during my service to God during my military time. What is your opinion of christians in military service? Is it really possible for a christian to serve both God and country at the same time?

MarleneB profile image95

Best Answer Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

MarleneB- Thank you- It is true that it is a matter of obeying God. WE must follow His will what ever that may be. The leaders of our country are in place for a reason. And we should accept His reasons. Again thank you and many blessings.

• Abby Campbell profile image

Abby Campbell 3 years ago

TERRIFIC answer once again, Eric! :-)

Abby Campbell profile image93

Abby Campbell says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Abby Cambell- Many thanks for your answer.

Ceegen profile image84

James (Ceegen) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Ceegan- I understand where your coming from. My dad had a quote that goes like this: " The one thing you will rarely see is a politician bleeding for his country." Thanks for you answer.

Edward J. Palumbo profile image91

Edward J. Palumbo says

• graceinus 2 years ago

Edward- Thank you very much for your comment. Like so many others I enjoyed my military service time and it helped cement my faith even futher. I believe one helped me to be better with the other. God bless

johnsonrallen profile image90

Robert Allen Johnson (johnsonrallen) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

johnsonrallen- I am glad I had the chance to serve in the military and have the christian faith at the same time. However, sometimes christians in the military may have their faith tested. And in those rare cases there is only one answer. Thank you.

Tusitala Tom profile image89

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

Tusitala Tom- Thank you for your answer. A number of countries around the world require the citizens (to include christians) to enter military service. So when they "Heed the call" it's not a matter of choice for them. Thank you for your answer.

Author Sam profile image43

Samuel Ihegbu (Author Sam) says

BuffaloGal1960 profile image86

T. Clifton (BuffaloGal1960) says

• graceinus 3 years ago

BuffaloGal1960- Thank you for your answer. But I must state that I'm not aware of any new oath that includes the U.N. during enlistment. I've never heard of it.

61

Norine Williams says

celafoe profile image69

charlie (celafoe) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Wrong. You have not fired a gun to kill. Israel has a public serviced requirement not an armed soldier requirement.

The rest is makes me offer my hand to help you.

ParadigmEnacted profile image82

ParadigmEnacted says

• graceinus 3 years ago

ParadigmEnacted- I've been setting here wondering how you could have made you opinion known without sounding like you hate all christians guts. Which you could have. But then again that would have required you to care. And I see you could care less.

0

• graceinus 3 years ago

JT- Many thanks for your answer. I can't speak for all christian who served at one time or another. But I believe my time in service helped reenforced my faith in God and continued long after I left military service. Again thanks