Good question Graceinus. I do have many purposes. Don't take this as boasting either please, because it is a challenge to do it "all". Serving is my number one and it doesn't matter if it's poverty, suicide prevention, mothering or something else. It's just simply serving. I find it the most rewarding of all things on earth. Helping others. And believe me, I fall short many times.
These are my biggest passions of purpose and to no glory for self.
1) A voice for poverty in America. Yes, there are people who do not have running water, or EVEN OUTHOUSES in THIS country.
2) Serving elderly people in love.
3) Serving children in love (the older I get, the more challenging it is).
4) Being a good mother.
5) Serving God in any way. He's the boss of it all.
6) Being a good and loyal friend.
7) WRITING, WRITING, WRITING and did I say writing? lol.
8) In my lifetime, I would like to see Leonard Peltier freed. (Personal passion).
9) I would like to see the Cherokee Trail of Tears incorporated in Missouri's History books since the trail came through Missouri!!!!!!!! And was not in my daughter's Missouri History book in 6th grade!!! (She is 13 so it hasn't been that long).
10) I would also like to see (I know this sounds petty, but it isn't to ME) a correction in America's version of history - How did Columbus "discover" America if there were already people here????????????
Those are just a few of my passions. Sometimes I am impatient for God to change them into "purpose".
For a year, I was waiting on how to be a voice for poverty in the U.S. Yesterday, He gave me the answer. :)