JMcFarland profile image 91

Do dishonest tactics in debates equal weakness of the argument?

I participated in an answer recently on Hubpages. It was a question directed towards and addressing atheists, yet when atheists responded, the poster accused then of attacking him and other Christians. He deleted my answers and my comments intentionally so it looked like he got the last word, and then proceeded to tell all of the other atheists that their weeks were evil and he was not expressing an opinion or belief - but the "truth of God" If you ask a specific group of people a question and ridicule them for asking and delete their answers, isn't that inherently dishonest?

• jonnycomelately profile image

Alan (jonnycomelately) 3 years ago

What a beautiful response... especially the last paragraph! So true yet hilarious.

• mbuggieh 3 years ago

Yes, there is comfort in knowing we are not alone; comfort in knowing that others reject the strategic personal attacks.

• mbuggieh 3 years ago

I hear you. There seem to be a lot of people out there who just want to, as you note, "pick fights" and then bash people. My question: Why does Hubpages attracts so many cyber-bullies? I don't see this lack of civility other places.

Paladin_ profile image85

Paladin_ says

Darrell Roberts profile image80

Darrell Roberts says

• JMcFarland profile image

Julie McFarland (JMcFarland) 3 years ago

But atheists do not need to prove God doesn't exist. They are not the ones making the extraordinary claim. Basic burden of proof rests on theists

0

mbuggieh says

0

Deepes Mind says