IDONO profile image 83

Why does anyone else care if I believe in God or not?

If God is in your heart, you will live his will. If he is not, you will live your own will. Isn't what is in ones heart that matters; not what's in someone else's heart? If you are honest with yourself and true to your heart, you are correct with no proof needed whether you believe or not. Right? Your take.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

I like it peeples. I hope others listen. But not to a point of apathy. Not caring leads to airport, theatre and school shootings.

Personally my favorite radicals are atheists. I love them.

PoeticFailosophy profile image60

Diana F. King-Fyre :: DECEASED, 1962-2014, Rest in Peace (PoeticFailosophy) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

Does that mean that the more dogmatic they are, the more desperate they are to become worthy of salvation? Someone that feels they are right with God wouldn't find it necessary to push "their truth" quite so hard would they? Interesting comment.

swilliams profile image82

Emunah La Paz (swilliams) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I love it when people care about me. But I've had people in my face before telling me I'd burn in hell if I didn't find my way. Or their way. This happened before they knew I already believed in God. I can't imagine what a real Atheist would think.

Tusitala Tom profile image88

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Wow Tom that is really well written. Of all the things claimed, I really have not met a person who can claim a "religion" set by God. Catholics try but seldom persuade. I would like Weasey to be Christian, but not at the risk of losing a great mind.

Sojourner1234 profile image85

John Marshall (Sojourner1234) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

Thanks, but are you stating that the God in your heart is the "true God" and the one in mine isn't? Why does God know you better than me? He created us both. Right?

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I know. I'm preaching to the choir but I believe God is always there. But God can only be inside of a person if they let him in. He can't be pushed in. You're not only wanting them to accept your belief. You're telling them to let go of theirs.

Harishprasad profile image76

Harish Mamgain (Harishprasad) says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

With all that, one thing stood out to me. You mentioned " see THE light". I see MY light. MY light symbolizes MY understanding and relationship with God. I've been taught God has a unique purpose for me. So, I will follow his instructions, for me.

62

tbHistorian says

• Harishprasad profile image

Harish Mamgain (Harishprasad) 3 years ago

With utmost respect, tbHistorian, the wisdom you sprinkled is in fact divine and worthy to ponder over. It touched my soul, heart and mind and wish it touched all beings. To rise above good and bad is a real perfection and all saints achieved that.

0

MysticMoonlight says

• Harishprasad profile image

You call yourself MysticMoonlight but your words are entirely bereft of any mystery, complexity and vagueness in them. Your words are so simple yet so meaningful that I cannot but appreciate them with all my heart. Love reading your comments.

0

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

JT- You confuse me. You say you live God's will, but it's your choice to witness. Is that not your will if you make that choice? If that's the case, then the person you witness to should have the same choice whether to believe you or not. Right?

0

Corolla98 says

elenipissa25 profile image60

eleni pissa (elenipissa25) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Let me try this again. I am homeless. I go to church to eat. I choose to. I am not property. I am human. I chose my church. I do not want a stinking atheist to serve me. I am Christian and I am homeless. Leave me alone. I want the church to feed me.