Mekenzie profile image 92

Have you ever jumped to a conclusion before hearing both sides of a story?

What did you learn through your experience? Consider: Proverbs 18:17 The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him and Proverbs 18:8 - The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts.

mabelhenry profile image85

Best Answer mabelhenry says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Awesome! Judge oneself with God (both knowing intricacies!) It's harmful to jump before hearing both sides. We're not all-knowing or everywhere present-makes it impossible to judge others. Knowing in part disqualifies us; decline response. Bless YOU!

teaches12345 profile image91

Dianna Mendez (teaches12345) says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

hi teaches, I think we have all been guilty of jumping to conclusions. It is good that you are aware and try to listen before speaking. It does take practice. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. Blessings to you as well! :)

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Eric, you are cracking me up - love your sense of humor. May the quotations keep you on the road and safe from harm. :)

Etherealenigma profile image89

Sandra M. Urquhart (Etherealenigma) says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

I know what you mean, It is hard to discern motives when you are the new kid on the block. Time will tell and withholding responses is the best. May God grant wisdom (knowing when to back away, speak up, be silent) in your new position. Thanks!

parrster profile image86

Richard Parr (parrster) says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Yes, it's vital to reserve comment until hearing all sides. It certainly is natural to believe a persons words (I too am trusting) ... but wisdom says to listen to both sides before advising or judging. Thanks for your thoughtful response parrster.

Jacqueline4390 profile image88

Jacqueline Williamson BBA MPA MS (Jacqueline4390) says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Jacqueline, I think we all jumped to conclusions when we were younger. As we get older - we should be gaining wisdom and not jump so quickly. It's hard to be on the receiving end when a friend jumps to judgements without consulting you.

The Stages Of ME profile image81

The Stages Of ME says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Agree - Seek Him first is key. This is good: "Stop and prayerfully consider how to deflect negative talk and or gossip." It is a spiritual battle for those seeking to live godly. Profound: "only one side remains - God's purpose." Thanks dearone

d.william profile image83

d.william says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Agreed, honesty is so refreshing. It has been a process for me in learning not to jump? I'm sorry you thought quotes diminished the validity - I gave the scripture as reflection. ;) Yes, making mistakes can be the best teacher. Thanks!

joyce31202 profile image80

joyce31202 says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

I can totally identify with the 'quick answer' problem. I too am learning to weigh my words before opening my mouth. ;) It's great you don't take sides and you are a peacemaker at heart. Bless you!

ReneeDC1979 profile image78

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Good for you Renee! It's awesome you ask questions of both sides - that's wisdom!

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

lburmaster, I agree we all begin to develop a conclusion while listening to one side. It does take practice to hold back our thoughts until hearing both sides. But it's the only way to a true perspective. Thanks!

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

duffsmom, your honesty is sweet and refreshing. I think most of us have jumped way too many times only to find we were wrong. Hopefully, through failure, we learn to withhold our impulsive response and weigh every side before judging anyone.

0

Motown2Chitown says

• Mekenzie profile image

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) 3 years ago

Honesty again .. ahhhh love it! Seems to be the consensus that age and learning from our mistakes is the best teacher. Keeping out of a situation that doesn't concern us is wisdom. Thanks for chiming in with great insight! :)