IDONO profile image 83

Should we leave God and Obama out of HP Q&A for awhile?

I've been a member of HP for almost 2 years. The answers section used to have dozens of new questions daily. This weekend, I think there were about 4. The rest are questions from 2 and 3 years ago. HP has to put something there. I also notice that there are about 15 of the same people asking, answering and commenting on a regular basis, and most of the time, turns into personal attacks of some sort. I will not participate in the religious or political theater for awhile. I believe this is what is alienating people from this section. What say you?

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

It's a great place to go if you're looking for a fight. We just need to add some other subjects. Expanding our horizons will result in expanding the participation in Q&A.

strkngfang profile image85

strkngfang says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

I agree. I let myself get sucked into these theaters and find myself, usually defending my beliefs. Why? Because I'm stupid. I don't need to defend my beliefs to anyone; especially some anonymous, dogmatic egotist that thinks they know "the truth".

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

These questions are always welcome and they are entitled to do so. But I don't want to spend so much time worrying about the afterlife that I miss THIS life. I'd like to participate in new, fresher subjects. I do this as hobby. Not income or mission.

62

tbHistorian says

• IDONO profile image

IDONO 3 years ago

This is exactly what I'm talking about. tbhist; You can ask and preach anything you want, but there are other interests in this world that are moral and not evil. If your attitude is one of , morality and kindness, you'll keep this rhetoric 2 urself.